Cdog

Colonial Parkway Report 5-15-11

7 posts in this topic

Hit the Parkway in search of flatties, got there at dead low and fished the first hour and a half of incoming. Tossing a 1/4oz red jig head with 5" gulp. Lots of short strikes but I didn't have any smaller gulps. Finally got one that hit it agressively enough to get the hook and landed my first flounder of the year at 15". The next cast got bit off by one that felt a lot heavier. Two cast later bit off again, this one felt more like a blue tho. With my last two red jigs gone switched up to a chartreuse but only ended up with a foul hooked crab on that. No other bites so packed it up. Nothing too exciting but it beat doing yard work.

Thanks for the report :happy3:

Hey Cdog where abouts are you fishing on the parkway?

Hey Cdog where abouts are you fishing on the parkway?

Andrew,

Sun I was fishing Indian Fields creek on the inside.

Glad you got out fishing, and thanks for the report. I've had good luck snipping the laonger gulp "heads' off when I found I was getting short strikes. Not criticism, just a suggestion. I used to bite the curly-tailed grub plastics, but I don't like to do that to the gulps. Gives me gas.

Glad you got out fishing, and thanks for the report. I've had good luck snipping the laonger gulp "heads' off when I found I was getting short strikes. Not criticism, just a suggestion. I used to bite the curly-tailed grub plastics, but I don't like to do that to the gulps. Gives me gas.

Thanks for the suggestion Rory, with as expensive as these things are and the fact the ones I was using are my go to for striper I hesitate to do that. But will keep that in mind next time.