Finaddict

Delaware Surf Report 5/1/11-5/31/11

40 posts in this topic

It is still the sporatic Stripers up and down the surf. Blowfish and Sand Perch are the nibblers on the smaller baits. A Flounder is mixed in there as well. Nice Blues up to 19" are cruising the beaches. Most are taking whole mullet rigs. There has been a few nice Stripers and Black Drum landed off of Broadkill Beach. The bait of choice there is Herring, Clam and Peelers, if you can find them.:happy3:

Feel free to post your reports here and good luck.

Edited by Finaddict

Any word on CHSP? looking to head there Saturday due to DSSP having the tourney.

Any word on CHSP? looking to head there Saturday due to DSSP having the tourney.

Blues are hitting on whole mullet rigs and large cut baits. Stripers here and there. Mostly on big baits as well. Don't count out the mighty Sandflea:icon_thumright:

The CHSP Pier is producing some keeper Flounder, but have to weed through the dinks. Tandem rigs with Gulp, fresh Herring strips work well too.

Good luck

Blues up to 20" are being landed at Slaughter Beach on fresh cut baits.

Thanks Morty!

Fished Conquest today. Used Herring, bunker, sand fleas and mullet. The only thing I caught was a sunburn!

Nice flounder... sorry to see ya had to catch that other flat thing.... I hate skate

I fished Conquest Friday afternoon saw a couple 3' sharks pulled in and a couple of skate. Fished South Bethany on Saturday didn't see anybody pull in anything.

Fish were biting good today on bunker heads along the Delaware beaches. I got a 34, a 40, a 42 and a 43, in about two hours. I also lost a LARGE in the suds.

The 40" was the heaviest at 23.5 lbs while the 34" was the lightest at 17.5. The 40" was a personal best surf fish for weight, and the 43, a personal best surf fish for length. The 40" fish was fat w/t a giant head.

The guys next to me blew a gasket when I released the larger two fish.

DSCN1018.jpg.8f2f4ff7b6e29d000344bd3007a

DSCN1023.jpg.275daf56a73975c6a73d1b69ada

DSCN1024.jpg.87debd535d11b47441cfd5b07b6

Ha Ha,Yeah,Some people still dont get the idea of release.Great to see the photos,barefoot on the beach.It's been a long winter...

I'm down here and will be fishing everyday, LOOK ME UP. I have a BURGUNDY F-250 P/U WITH THE RACK ON THE BACK. I be here until 5/20, probably at 3 R's.

See Ya's

Hulk

Its been spotty in the suds. I'll try to give another report this evening or tomorrow.

Nice catching. Looks like a great day on the beach!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I went back this afternoon hoping for a repeat. I still had some nice bunker left so I figured what the heck. It was a slow day today. I had one good knock down and I let my buddy take it. He pulled in a nice 36" striper, the first real surf fish he ever caught.

He likes to tag along with me but says he doesn't really like fishing, he just likes the beach......

On the way home he was babbling about how he couldn't believe how much line the fish took out, and how many runs it made, and how powerful it was in the fight. I just smiled and thought that more than one 'fish' had been hooked this afternoon.

The only OTHER fish of the day was a large smooth dogfish that fooled me into thinking I might have a striper. The guy next to me landed a small toothy shark of some sort.

The larger Blues were slammed on DSSP on Tuesday.

Great catching

Hey Guys,

I was on the beach yesterday. Had My first fish on before I got the second rod baited, Big Doggie. I also got 2 Rock and a couple Blues. I wasn't out very long due to my "Back" still recovering (hopefully). I was afraid to cast as hard as normal to get out a little further past the "Mud Line" where the Breakers are. The Inlet seems to be more consistant, especially with the Blues. The Bite is on there for sure. Personally I don't like being on the rocks and rails and such but, the fish are there.

WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE WITH THE TEMPERATURES, WHERE IS THE WARM!!!! I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BEING TOO HOT! (NOT AFTER THIS YEAR)--COME ON SUMMER!!

I'm heading back to the beach. I will try to update tonight.

HULK

It's free air conditioning! :)

I wasn't out real long today, I run out of bait. they were hitting on the incoming tide best. They were also in pretty close, at the breakers or inside, all Rock but, no keepers, Bunker was the Bait of the day. The bite is still on at the Inlet.

I got ready to go and the battery was dead, there was just one other truck on that stretch of beach, just had that thing checked last Thursday, They said it was operating at 100%!!!! (ooh-rah!)

Hulk

WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE WITH THE TEMPERATURES, WHERE IS THE WARM!!!! I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BEING TOO HOT! (NOT AFTER THIS YEAR)--COME ON SUMMER!!

I'm heading back to the beach. I will try to update tonight.

HULK

I'll take these cool springs any time. The fish seem to be in the surf longer and flounder fishing is always better in the Delaware Bay when the water temperature is on the cooler side.

You are right about the weather as far as fishing goes, I'm just ready for warm. This seems like the longest winter I've ever endured.

A couple of my old HS buddies and I hit the beach again Sat afternoon to catch the high tide. There was a heavy mist when we arrived which soon stopped. The water was a little dirty but not too bad. We fished five rods with mostly bunker heads. Those rods caught nothing. Chunks caught only smooth doggies and skates. Things should pick back up when the water clears a bit.

I have been spending more time in MD than De lately. The bite in MD is "OFF THE HOOK". The reports I am getting from De are still saporatic Stripers and Blues i the suds. Broadkill Beach produced alot of Uglies and a few Stripers. The CHSP Pier is doing well on the Flatties.

Check the MD report for this weekend.