Dave

may 2011 fishing reports

121 posts in this topic

Nice reports guys! I cant wait to get back down, Im planning on coming down around June 10-12, Hopefully you guys leave some fish out there!

Hit the surf yesterday, grass and wind made it hard to keep a line out but managed to land a few blues in the 20" range.

Today, one small sandtiger a few doggies and a 39" 20# rock on outgoing tide. good seeing Steve z again, hope to fish with ya this fall. general was also successful, I let him post his own report. I set up in a spot I haven't seen in a long time, rip current was at least 50 yards wide. hope it stays a while.

one small sandtiger and a 31"ROCK!!!!! HOOO YAAA!!!!! B OOYA!!!!! im happy :)

it sounds like the stripers are on like donkey kong. i might have to try to get down there soon. if i wasn't working so much. don't really feel like going on the weekend that might be a little too busy for my taste.

Weekends are a pain, especially this coming weekend. I can tell you the run will not last much longer. with the warm weather, they will thin out soon. I've caught em as late as mid June but that's pushing it. already being small summer critters, the fat lady is clearing her throat.

ended with plenty of butterflys today...some so big, couldn't land with the light gear because of the high tide and ledge on the beach break. Summer fish are arriving and soon the migrating striper will be north of us.

General, bout dang time :happy8:

thinking one last trip up sunday evening........................

General, bout dang time :happy8:

ya hence the " "ROCK!!!!! HOOO YAAA!!!!! B OOYA!!!!! " I usaly get mine late in the run

Andrew...I'm game.

I'm going to give it a try Fri. Sat. Sun. just strarting to catch Rock with some kind of consistancy at least for me.Ha Ha!! anyone in the area south of Bull Pen stop by and say HI I have a silver Tundra with a hard tounneu and rod rack off the back Good Luck to all this Memorial Day Don't forget our Troops!!!!

I'll be out Sunday eve, ill be in an maroon f150 with rods mounted in the bed.

Made the trip to OC today to do some fishing. Fished the inlet from 3 to 4 am with one bite. Made my way down to the oceanic pier and caught a shad on a gotcha plug first cast. And nothing but horseshoe crabs on squid. I was just happy I didnt get skunked.

I was just happy I didnt get skunked.

arnt we all in thoes cases lol

coming up tonight! Dave/Sam call me.

be in the white 4 door tacoma with VA tags, stop by and say hi. once last attempt at a striper, and i want to see some toothy critters!

my new name shoud be "SKUNK-A-LISHOUS"

hit that sand to day/last night with dave, andrew K and his buddy rob (i think thats his name ..lol) any way i have nothing to report skuned !!!1

One doggie, great to hang with good friends though.

Sunday morning, 2nd st bulkhead, fed a lot of them but did have a tog about 16" come home with me on a frozen flea. First tog ever for me, my son had hits all over but couldn't set a hook in one. Fished last hour of incoming and an hour of slack high. Went to inlet around 1pm, I only had one hit on a flea but my son using bunker and mullet had hits all over again. Switched from large hooks to small thinking they were snapper blues but small hooks didn't help him either. Fished til about 3, saw 1 smooth dog and 2 short tog come up the rocks but they all went back in again. Going back down next weekend, either trying for more tog or will try for some blues int he surf.

Thanks for the report.

Had a great weekend on 5-20 in front of the bullpen, a couple flounder and one 36" rockfish. Will be down this Friday and hope for more of the same.

Dave/Jon, it was fun on the beach.....wish it would have been more productive. think i ended up with 3 dozen 2ft long smooth doggies. ended up sleeping for about an hour on the beach during low tide and put lines back out just before high tide as day break began.....same thing, more smooth doggies...........about 7am i blew up one of my heavers bad, put that rod out of commsion, then about 30 minutes later blew up the other one, and thats when i called it a day/night/morning...packed up and headed back to VA.

still had a good time.