Dave

may 2011 fishing reports

121 posts in this topic

Fished tuesday night from 10pm til 230 am. 3 stripers 38", 34 and 35. Nice night. Needed 10oz to hold.

That sounds like a great night to me. Where you on AI?

Fished tuesday night from 10pm til 230 am. 3 stripers 38", 34 and 35. Nice night. Needed 10oz to hold.

Congrats!! I was out again today will post a report when I get home.

Hey all, sorry, I know I read about this is a different forum. Did Bucks open yet? If not, can anyone recommend anywhere close to it? (its my usual go to...)

Fishin AI tuesday night. ORV zone. 2 on bunker head 1 on a chunk.

Fishin AI tuesday night. ORV zone. 2 on bunker head 1 on a chunk.

Man, you are on fire!

John henreys is about a mile twords OC on 611 in little strip mall next to a sunoco and "dr.unks" bar/grill same road harber was on just west

We all get lucky now and then. Pics should be n the Coastal next week. Let me know if the current settles down any this weekend. I can't get back out till sun or mon.

John henreys is about a mile twords <ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM> on 611 in little strip mall next to a sunoco and "dr.unks" bar/grill same road harber was on just west

I believe its on the corner of Sunset Ave. and 611. Hella nice guy in there too!!

That he is..

Went out to the inlet with on of my friends and tore bluefish up!!!! 12-22in they were so thick we were catching 2 on a rattle trap at a time... Talked to another guy at the bridge who said he had 10 short rockfish at the last 30mins of high tide... Limited out on blues no rock though

Nice job, Brandon. Sounds like a blast!

Hit A.I. for a few days. Fri. 13th. was my lucky day got my personal best rock 49" 31lb. another at 45" left that one swim.Hope they hang around for a couple wk.s

Hit up AI on Friday afternoon till dark (and with a little help from Dave...thanks again) 2 uglies....32 and 28 on Peeler. Lost a 3rd.

Saturday - fished from noon till midnight. One hook up with a good run around 9 pm and he spit the hook. Heartbroken. Nada the rest of the night.

Headed out again now till dark. Will post a report later

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thats a pig of a striper rattletrap...49"...NICE!

Nice catchin folks.

i think a surf trip is in order within the week or so hopefully. i'm praying for no rain

Well what can I say. It was almosat an "epic" weekend for me and my buddy. I was in hopes of a Red, but was pleased with over a dozen Stripers and almost as many Uglies. The largest Striper was 46" and the largest Ugly war 36"

rocked some blues and shad today on the fly rod at the southwest side of the rt 50 bridge(shantytown). i'm sure most of you have gotten some of this action but if not break out the ultralights those shad put up a fight!

Hit ai this eve with general and easternshore fisherman. Hour after set up hooked into a big cownose ray, half hour later landed a 31" black drum. Finished the eve with skate, doggies, and a king fish..

hello all new to the forum but not new to fishing. Got into town on friday and stopped by John Henrys for FRESH bunker. Asked the grouchy lady about a salt water fishing license and was told ( we don't have them go to Walmart) and for a dozen fresh bunker and recieved 11, I did not count it until I got to the beach, it seemed firm until i found it frozen. Once it thawed it fell off the hook when casting. so fishing was done for the night. tried heads with no luck. left assateague and went back to henrys to ask about the fresh bunker, and older guy seemed nice enough until I complained about the bait. asked to speak to manager and was told to leave the store. WOW. Went too All Tackle no Bunker, picked up some fish bites to try to catch bait. On the way back to assateague just after passing Bucks, noticed a sign that said Bunker. I stopped and got a dozen of them. hit the beach, the bait was perfect, good and firm, clear eyes.. Had a great day on the beach caught 2 keepers stripers 29 and 37 inch, a dozen smooth dog fish and a butt load of skates and 1 17 inch blue fish.. sorry about the complaining just need to vent i guess.. I won't go back to John Henry's again

GB

I got my bunker from johns this weekend fridays was pretty mushy but saturdays seemed good just seemed more expensive that i recall. had a good weekend of fishing got 1 keeper rock 32" 6 shorts a few skate and a lot of doggies.. and 1 cow nose ray that dave helped out with (thanks Dave) it was a great fight on 17lb line. took 45 minutes to get in. will try again later

tight lines

Lee