Dave

may 2011 fishing reports

121 posts in this topic

Well things are off to a good start, black drum, rock are being caught hopefully more and more in the next couple weeks. Anyway post your report fish or no and be safe and have fun.

Hey Dave,

It looks like I will be back down the later part of next week. Maybe Friday. Ill send you a message before to let you know for sure.

For everyone else.....As far as a fishing report (or lack thereof), this weekend was a few skates and a whole lot of nothing else. Still better than not being there though.

OH man you wont believe what i cought its big its **RED** it took an arm and a leg to get no no two arms and too legs!!!!! AND a FACE!!!!

i cought SUN BURN!!!!!!! :-{

Welcome, eastern, I work Friday but if you can get out sun thru Tue ill be available. As for my post, went out yesterday, two quick bumps in sand flea but no other hits. Dolphins were thick just past the outer bar all day.

Fished AI for about 5 hours on Friday, 2 decent size sharks about 4.5' and 1 skate. The beach in mid OC saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning without a hit.

Just back from Rt 50 bridge, 3 12-15" herring on a Gotcha plug.

i was hoping to get down there this weekend for the george jones show and some fishing. not going to happen it looks like though. hopefully around the third week of may i can make my way down there for a full day of fishing

Fished the beach in mid <acronym title="Ocean City">OC</acronym> today. 1st and only hit of the day, a nice 34".Caught on bunker chunk. Rockfish tacos and margaritas tomorrow.

[ATTACH]10257[/ATTACH]

P5150290.jpg.22033315b04109857aa6437ee1c

Nice feesh.

Very cool, 66!

Thanks. 1st pic was yesterdays, 2nd pic was from last year. I should not post after a few too many cocktails.

Fished Assateague with Dad yesterday for a few hours. The water looked absolutely perfect! No fish for us, but it was very nice to get out.

Fished Assateague with Dad yesterday for a few hours. The water looked absolutely perfect! No fish for us, but it was very nice to get out.

Nice to hear you get out Sam

Mid OC beach yesterday for about 7 hours, nothing.

Hit the beach in mid Ocean City again today. Did not get out till about 2:00PM, water was very clear. Around 4:00 pulled in a nice 35" rock on cut bunker. Since I am still eating the one from Friday, I sent this one back to be caught another day.

JohnIMG00002-20110508-1450.jpg.d6695dab7a6b1

might have to get down there in the next week or two nice catch

Hit the bridge tonight. Snapper blues were thick and in a frenzy all eve, caught well over 50 blues all between 12" and 17"

Hit the bridge tonight. Snapper blues were thick and in a frenzy all eve, caught well over 50 blues all between 12" and 17"

Nice. Its about time. Any shad in the mix?

Destroyed the flounder today. Ended up with 2 keepers and 1 17inch tog. Water was gin clear.

Few shad. Hit the beach today, couple doggies, and the oddest thing, a small sandbar shark.

Another very nice evening on the sand with Dave and Jon. No stripers, but a few sharks were caught.