Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurfPlug

Another Striper Season

7 posts in this topic

I am anxious this year to hit the surf for my last time at some rocky shores from Rhody to Montauk. Age has gotten the better of me, but I am content. Definitely looking to go out this year to fish hard with bait and plugging. Hope all you guys and gals have a good fishing year.

Thanks for the note! Good luck and keep us up to date.

Still chasing my striped boy, didn't get one yet. This year Gas $ kill my " ocean trips " need to find a house and moved my residential close to the sand...LOL

So far the season has been late, but I think that I've caught over a dozen. Looking forward to getting out this weekend and next week. Where are you fishing? I am from NY and basically doing the western sound thing, but May to the first week in July should be good for stripers here along the south shore.

Man... I moved from NY with the family ( work related ) to Virginia ( I have the Chesapeake bay around 2 hrs driving ).

I was on NY for good 13+ years I spend those years @ Da- Bronx and Yonkers, never fish the NY-waters I did travel to Long Island for beach time but never fish.

Here the problem I have is the travel time, to fish I have to spend the whole day ( most on the road ) to fish 4-6 hrs, I have a lot of fresh water around, but I love the sand and hate the " Poison Ivy " the rivers have a lot of poison here. :-)

To have a good result on fishing You need to put the time...main rule.

Good luck too You,:icon_thumleft:

That is terrible you live so far away from the salt. I know what you mean about fresh water . . . a lot ivy or if not a poisonous snakes. Definitely true you need to put in the time and have a log book that will benefit you in the end.