OBX Trout Bum

Surf Flies... HELP

8 posts in this topic

Does anybody here fly fish off the beach .. what kinda flies (patterns, colors, sizes)

Im got a ton of clousers blue, black, white, green. But what else is there that i could try? Crabs, anythin lookin to try the <acronym title="North Carolina">NC</acronym> coast or Myrtle beach area.

are you suggesting i tie these ..... i dont have any how difficult are they to tie

Day or night? what kind of fish are you trying to get? I tie a lot of flies. Bunker or herring patterns work well white on bottom, green on top, a decent amount of flash. I like surf candies or epoxy minnows. I fish a lot at night so Purple and Black are my preferred. You can do great on black during the day, esp in the surf.

umm probly day and maybe a litttle at night depending on wind and time so it just depends as for what fish ... them that swim in the surf i know whitefish .. maybe some small drum .... probably may run into some sharks at night or mornin ... just depends on what bites my fly

Crab and heavier Shrimp Flies ,Deep-diving flies like the Mrs. Simpson , And anything shinny for blues. Steel leader of course![h=3][/h]

If you are ever on the VBSF.NET site, give a shout out to my nephew, the Red Loon. He makes his own saltwater flies, and they are professional looking. He can give you tips on use and styles.This is not an advertisement. He is a cop, and does it for fun and relaxation.

BA