10 posts in this topic

Stumbled across the site somehow and liked what I saw, so I joined up. I live near OC, do most of my fishing inshore (22' w/around cuddy), with a spritz of fresh water and (walk-on) surf mixed in. I've learned a lot since moving here full time, but feel like I've only scratched the surface. I look forward to learning more, while contributing where I can.

Thanks.

Hello Pohocker, thanks for joining us!

How did you "stumble" across us?

Thank you, Steve. For the life of me, I don't know where, but I saw a link someplace while surfing a couple of days ago and saved it, then got around to checking things out. Aside from some quality posts I saw, I also noted that folks here are polite and courteous, which is refreshing.

I look forward to chiming in where I can.

Thanks.

And please, if you have any fishing/scenery/etc pics you would like to share, we would love to see them!

Find a nice one and put it in as your avatar. You can do that by clicking on User CP on the top left.

The friendly help is what drew me in, welcome!

Welcome abord, my friend. Got any good fishing stories?

Thank you, everyone.

Sam, I don't have any stories about how I caught world-record fish or wrestled an alligator, anything like that, although I'm sure I've done both at one time or another :rolleyes:.

I thoroughly enjoyed fishing the back country behind Islamorada a couple of years ago-always wanted to do it and what a treat it was.

Fished with a guy in Bonaire (Netherland Antilles islands) once...we were in a skiff, maybe 500 yards offshore, anchored by dropping a big old weighted fish hook down to snag the coral. He used a handline, we used spinning gear...caught tuna, wahoo, etc. When we got them in the boat, he clubbed them and slid them up under the seat (no coolers). It was amazing how simple the fishing is there, where here, we need all kinds of gizmos and gear to chase them.

I think my best stories are yet to come, as I spend time teaching my granddaughters about fishing.