Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mrscharms

Hi..newbie here...saw bumper sticker on a pickup truck today

19 posts in this topic

Today I was in Seaford and was behind a white pickup truck that had this website posted on a bumper sticker. Just thought you'd like to know that someone DID see it lol.

Anyways, my name is Janice and I live on a little farm in Delmar, Delaware. My main hobby is crabbing, but I always bring out the pole with me every weekend...but don't catch much of anything except for Catfish lol.

I can see this looks like a new board, and hopefully we can get more people to join up, as I have a lot of learning to do about fishin'!

Janice

Welcome aboard Janice!

Thanks for letting us know about the bumper sticker, they're working....

Yes, the board is new but the people are not.

We're coming together from many other boards to talk about what we love.

Should be an area that spikes your interest here!

It's time to take your fishing gear to Assateague so you can get in on the fighting fish. The fall run is just starting.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions here, we won't flame you, we welcome fishing newbies!

How did you get the name "Mrscharms"?

Steve...

Welcome Janice. Thank you very much for the post. I was wondering if the bumper stickers were too light for anyone to read them, but I guess they show up better on a white vehicle. Crabbing is something that I should do more of. I love crab spaghetti!

Somebody say crabs,,,one of my favorite eats,,,welcome aboard Janice! Glad to see the bumper stickers are working out there :D . If you ever have any questions or anything you want to share with us about fishing, feel free to post and join in,,,look forward to your participation :D .

Okay..I got the name Mrscharms from a very long time ago when my kids were pretty young. I used to live in NJ...and I played the nightly pick it numbers and I was very lucky...won at least two or three times per month! My last name is "Harms"...and one of my son's friends parents used to call me Luchy Charms...it eventually evolved to Mrscharms...so when I got on line, I thought, why not be mrscharms? lol. Since moving to Delaware, I played for a whole year and not once did my number come out...so I don't play anymore...I'd much rather spend that money on gas for my little boat!

I love Assateague, but I've never fished there...just like to look at the little ponies!

I'm going out tomorrow to the Nanticoke River for some crabbing, but will naturally bring my pole with me! I am going to start asking more questions about how to catch bass and rock fish. Everyone else seems to be getting them...but all I ever get there are catfish..not complaining...I love reelin' them in!

Don't want to make this post too long but I am glad the bumper stickers are working...I grabbed my pen so fast and wrote the website address down so I wouldn't forget. I've been on other fishing forums in the local area, but there was a lot of fighting going on...if I am going to fight...I would rather fight a big fish!

Janice

Well, it is nice to have you here. I hope there won't be too much fighting on this board. :D

Let us know how you did with the cats and if you really want to catch a rockfish we should have some luck pretty soon on Assateague! The ponies will be there too. :D

what part of the nanticoke are you fishin? i used to fish that river alot. might be able to point you in the right direction for some stripers

Roger, thank you for any help you can give me. But I need "reel" help as in what size hook, bait and everything else! We start out at Sharptown and go out pretty far, sometimes all the way to the bay! LONG RIDE! Today we went, I caught only 14 crabs but I was happy with that. Not even a BITE on my fishing line, though. I tried squid, clam and then the lowly liver for at least some catfish. But not even a bite!!

Today we went out to the head of Fishing Bay.

Janice

if your lookin for rock cherry beach is as good a place as any to start. thats where i used to live,lol.

the bridge area can produce at night on rattle traps, september is the best time. same for the vienna bridge. if you go up the marshyhope there are a few deep holes you can find with your depth finder, they hold them on occasion. as well as the large flat area across from the mouth of the marshyhope. be careful in there, there are stumps.

out near the mouth try the channel near the roaring point sandbar tip. its right at the red bouy, look at low tide, cant miss it.

there is a nice trout hole off the campground just north of green hill.

i tend to use 1/0 or larger circle hooks on a fishfinder rig with cut bait, whatever i can find fresh. you will catch cats, tehre are alot of them there too. problem is when going for cats you may catch rock, not good when the season is closed. too depressing throwing them back.

there is a decent white perch run in the spring, smaller hooks on double bottom rigs with bloods or grass shrimp.

if your heading for the mouth it may be easier to trailer to elliots island or nanticoke. it is a long run down there by boat, i used to do it for the turtle races. and if your out that far try hooper straits on the north side of bloodsworth. ive picked up some decent flounder drifting in there. as well as rock, trout, and croaker. plus you can run into fishing bay for crabs.

well this is a start. let me know what else i can do

Although a lot of what you said is "Greek to me"...lol...I do at least know the areas that you speak of. That's a one up! I am bad on fish talk! But I'll start one step at a time and at least fish the areas you spoke about. Not sure about this weekend, though. Have to travel to NJ for a dreaded wedding...going Friday and staying over and leaving first thing Sat morning...plan to go out either Sunday or Monday...the weather reports, drat them all, are so conflicting right now...the local weather says lots of rain..the weather channel now says clear for the weekend. WTH??? I am sure of one thing though..you wake up...you look outside...if it's not raining..you go!

Janice

glad to help, the nanticoke is a great river to fish. cant wait to hear how you do

Nope..the weather just wasn't good...it took me 5 and a half hours for a normal 4 hour trip from NJ to good ole' HOME on Saturday. The rain was falling so hard the further south I went, I couldn't see! Yesterday was cloudy but no rain, but I had my daughter's birthday party to deal with...TWELVE TEENAGERS sleeping over. Today, woke up to the sound of a light sprinkle...not enough to keep me out of the water, but I was exhausted. I am just glad I decided to do all of this stuff all in one weekend, this way, I have next weekend with nothing on the agenda. Now I am seeing showers for both Saturday and Sunday...Those guys don't know what they are talking about!!! Lots of wind and rain predicted for both tomorrow and Wed...wish me luck as I have a part time job that I have to work outside every other Tuesday at a car auction in Fruitland, MD. This is gonna suck! I am dead tired, but have to watch the Yankees game..they are LOSING and I am fearing that we are just going to be out of it in about a half an hour!

Janice

I do a lot of crabbing with a trot line. The crabs have moved into deeper water now. I went two weeks ago and caught them in 11-12 feet of water. I will be going again this Sat. and will let you know how I make out. Don't forget that there is a new time before you can start crabbing in the morning.

Fisher1, welcome to the board!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

i went crabbing saturday in the pouring rain.....couple dozen crabs....west oc...in about 5-6 feet of water....

Don't forget that there is a new time before you can start crabbing in the morning.

What time is that :?:

I'll go deeper this weekend, then...it has been pretty cold at night and I'll start deep and then run shallower...then next weekend I'm going clamming!

Janice

:D I went last Saturday in the Tred Avon River. Trot lined till around noon in 9' to 14' and caught about a bushell and a half. Crabs were not as full as two weeks ago but they sure tasted good. I might try them on more time this year if I find time. Going down to IRI on Friday night to try to find a few keepers.

A bushel and a half?? Wound up going out on Monday...too windy over the weekend...caught only a dozen!! But I DID catch some big ones..and one I would classify as a "mumbo"...he was 7-1/2".

Now this weekend looks like a washout...darn it!

Janice