Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew K

Welcome 2011……April 1 and 2 Pond Hoppin’ Adventures

2 posts in this topic

Well hello everyone and Happy New Year! *We had one hell of a winter, lots of snow, including the most I’ve ever seen at one time, just about 16 inches. *Any how its finally starting to warm up……spent a few weeks out of town for work, got to do a little bit of fishing out [...]

More from vbsf-hookedup.net/andrewk/

Nice fish !! What is that a size 2 childrens shoe :tounge Sorry couldn't help myself.

I live less than two miles from Coopers Ditch and have heard stories of how good it was but never have seen proof or tried to fish it. I know some of the lakes in Etheridge lakes hold fish because I transplanted them there and caught a bunch with the boys when they were young.

I've had the itch all winter too and have only been able to scratch it twice with offshore trips out of OI on a private boat owned by a friend of a friend.

Fortunately both trips were some of the best I've ever had, one in January when we caught non-stop Rockfish in the 20-40 lb. class right off the beach and one two weeks ago in the Bluefin bite out in the Gulf stream that has been unreal all winter, when the weather let you get on it. We were in a huge school of 300 lb. 6 ft. long Bluefin all day and never waited more than 10 min. to hook up after getting the last one to the boat. Stand up gear both trolling and jigging with a 30-45 min. battle after the hook up. It had to be some of the most intense fishing I've done to date !!

Looking at the ES and the Lesner for the Flounder bite next and might take the yaks over to the shore this weekend if the water warms up enough in the next few days. Last year I was lucky enough to "blind Squirrel" a citation Flattie from the Lesner in May and will try that soon too.

Thank God for warmer weather !!!!! Reports to follow ........