surffishing275

Mustad Hooks?

6 posts in this topic

I bought mustad hooks (12/0) for making some shark rigs and i got them today and they are so tiny. They really look half the size!!!! They could pass as a 6/0 hook. I should have known because last time i got mustad 8/0 they were small but i bought the in bulk.

What hook company makes some good sized hooks?

Their is no real standard in size, I use mustad 12/0 for shark but u have to pay attention to model numbers. One model 12/0 is not the same size as another model. Just my 2 cents.

12/0 mustad circle demons are huge...thats what I use for sharks....and stripers--->when the skate/dogfish are out in biblical proportions.

I primarily use 10/0 circle demons for stripers. Like Dave said, there are some mustads that are 12/0 and are tiny. Really makes no sense to me...you would think there would be some kind of standardization with hook sizes.

Yeah i had a similar issue when i ordered some daiichi circle hooks that were 10/0 yet they were probably the size of a 4/0 owner circle hook lol....became flounder hooks for me...yea i found out about the model #s that way too...

Edited by fishingeverynight
my fantastic spelling skills

That's a good reason to shop at local tackle shops.You can pick up and look at what your getting....