iandaws55

Bucks Place

53 posts in this topic

Is it true that Bucks Place is not opening this year? Hope thats not true!

i've heard there is a for sale sign on it ...

I know the property has been for sale for over a year, I will find out and update everyone.

That would be a big blow to our area. Fresh bait is already hard to come by.

...A good option for bussines, if some one have the $$$ will be nice to go with a " bait place "

I don't have the money... but one day I will be the " lil B-gate " lol

Haven't heard back from bucks as of yet...

Didn't want to take a chance, so I got my 200lb's of fresh ocean bunker today from martins right off the boat...gonna freeze and salt it and should be great for the spring season. VERY fresh frozen is suprisingly good when thawed.

VERY fresh frozen is surprisingly good when thawed.

or half thawed , use an ice pick to get it on the hook :)

Didn't want to take a chance, so I got my 200lb's of fresh ocean bunker today from martins right off the boat...gonna freeze and salt it and should be great for the spring season. VERY fresh frozen is suprisingly good when thawed.

OK but where do ya put 200 lb's lol as for just as good I got to agree if you salt it down works great.

i think Sam needs to invest in a walk in cooler/freezer and let us keep bait there!:drunken_smilie:

OK but where do ya put 200 lb's lol as for just as good I got to agree if you salt it down works great.

Dave, my wife is not happy...was gonna get a 2nd freezer just for the fish but just decided to stick it in our only big freezer...now Iam gonna have to buy a freezer for our food.

BTW, if anyone is interested...Got my bunker from Martins....Martins in west <ACRONYM title="Ocean City"><ACRONYM title="Ocean City">oc</ACRONYM></ACRONYM> has been getting a boat load of ocean bunker in for crabbers...just call in see if any boats came in with bunker...nice, firm, ocean bunker:icon_thumright:!...@ $16 a flat...nice folks too.

So is this true about "BUCKS" are they closing? Also where does the weekend guy get fresh bunker, or any bait this spring ?

Hey Coop where in west o.c. is martins located thanx for keeping us posted on where to get fresh bait.

chip, they are located in west oc fishing harbor...off of golf course road...on the south side of the canal. They will probably not be getting bunker in much longer. I think they get just enough to get the crabbers through the season. Just a guess, but they probably will not have any fresh during the start of the striper season. Thats why you need to buy now and freeze up.

Thanks for the info Coop hope to see you down to A.I. THIS year I'll stop by. :icon_salut:

I seen that John Henry's has opened early. He had some nice looking bunker this past weekend

Tight lines

Lee

So is this true about "BUCKS" are they closing? Also where does the weekend guy get fresh bunker, or any bait this spring ?

I heard it was sold and it will reopen...not sure how reliable the info was...and not sure if they will cater to us fishermen.

I was in Ake's the other day and they had fresh bunker, but not sure how long that will last. I don't think they really cater to surf fishermen, with regards to bait, but maybe that will change after Harbor Tackle closed.

There is John Henry's on 611 and I also heard alltackle may be carying some fresh bunker, not sure on that tho.

My business will be with john Henry. Bucks as far as I know is closed.

Hmm, Id like to buy about 200 lbs of bunker. Ill be in the area Monday or Tuesday...

Just got news bucks will be open in a few weeks, they just got behind this year. Info from a very reliable source.

Just got news bucks will be open in a few weeks, they just got behind this year. Info from a very reliable source.

Ahhh.....exceptional news..........

Yes it is great news! Was beginning to get worried, especially since Harbor is no longer around....