surffishing275

Please take a look!!!

13 posts in this topic

There not bad reels I have the Sl 30 holds a little more line when your using 20# so far I've enjoyed it.

alright ya i found the 525 at outlet bait and tackle online for $110 but it was sold out and they didnt know wen they were goin to get it back in.

The SL20SH holds about the same amount of line as the 525 the difference would be centrifugal breaking versus magnetic. The SL20SH is lighter than the SL30SH so part of your decision is going to be how BIG of a 15 year old are you. ;) What is your target species etc. But the "slosh20" and "slosh30" have been standard surf fishing reels for quite a while now.

Now, for a little more, you can get the SL-X20SHA which has a FREE FLOATING SPOOL when in free-spool and also it's "mag-able" because the spool is aluminum.

ill look into that thanks! and i not to brag in our high school lift- a-thon last week i won the light weight bracket with a bench of 205 and 50 push ups sooo....... :happy7:

but anyway i might try to get a few extra bucks and get one with the free spool but if i cant then back to the reg. slosh.

Hey rory that reel should work for shark fishing from the beach right because thats what i will mainly be using it for

I use diawa 40 x-sha, great for just about anything ai has to offer except porpoises, lol.

i have a 30 X-sha and a 40 the 30 is eser to cast for average sized hands (wich i have) but i can efectivley use the 40 onley real diferince is line capasity the 40 will hold 430 yards of 20lbs test im rinning 17 and hardley ever fill the spool but most angers ive met on the surf use the 30 X-sha/sl-h or somthin extremley comperable

What they said. The SL30SH and the SL-X30SHA are standard equipment for big drum.. If you can throw the 40 to where you want to hit, then it will give you an advantage. But the 30 would be your best all around choice, IMHO.

Both are great reels that will do you well. They both have their pro's and con's.

the only thing i will say is if you have small hands at least make sure you hold the dawia on a rod before you buy one to make sure its comfortable for you.

PS -- look around on classified ads. you should be able to find some cheap used 525's because Penn came out with a newer model and a lot of people think they need to get the latest model and sell the old ones.

ya i have freakishly large hands for me so i hopefully the small hands delema shouldnt be a problem for me

ebay bro! i have found my last 5 surf reels on ebay 2 of which are penn 975cs fr under 100 bucks. deals are out there!

maybe im a little late, but im on travel and the internet in the hotel sucks.

I have 3 SL30SH and one SL20SH. i love them. i put 20lb line on the 30's and 15lb line on the 20. I thought the SL-H series had free floating spool as well, but not according to the Daiwa catelog. ive bought three of them on Ebay for under $75. for starting out find a used one in decent condition and go from there. I have caught some big fish on the SL30SH's. 6-8ft sharks, giant rays (sam and dave know what im talking about), and one fat 75lb cobia. they work and i wouldn't think of getting anthing else.