Dave

feb 2011 fishing reports

14 posts in this topic

Not much to report as is usual for this time of year but wont be to much longer now. post any report fish or no and have fun.

ok yall i just hit up the National Saltwater Angler Registry and got my new license just cant wait to use it

Licenses time, need 3- Fresh and Salt Water for <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM> and Salt W. for <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM>, and the regestry.

The should have one lic. type for <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM>-<ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM>... LOL or well. The green boy ( DNR ) have to be happy.

*** and DC... oh boy !!! :icon_pirat:

For those that have not here is the link the there site.https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/

By the way this is from there site

"Starting January 1, 2011, if you have a saltwater recreational fishing license or registration from any state or U.S. territory EXCEPT Hawaii, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, you are AUTOMATICALLY registered and do not need to take further action. Otherwise, the following questions will help you determine whether you need to register with the National Saltwater Angler Registry."

see ya all on the sand soon

ok , i thought that if you had a MD license or any other states saltwater license , you are automatically registered with the feds .

only new jersey on the east coast does not have a state salt water license , so if you didn't have a license for any other state you would have to register ...

am i right in my thinking ??

because last year md didn't have a license , but i had a nc license ; so i was covered ......

When you buy your MD state license to fish in coastal waters you are automaticly registered with the feds.

This is a change from last year in two areas

#1 last year required no state fishing license to fish coastal waters

#2 you have to register with NOAA to fish for certain species in tidal waters

Thanks Dave!

For those that have not here is the link the there site.https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/

By the way this is from there site

"Starting January 1, 2011, if you have a saltwater recreational fishing license or registration from any state or U.S. territory EXCEPT Hawaii, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, you are AUTOMATICALLY registered and do not need to take further action. Otherwise, the following questions will help you determine whether you need to register with the National Saltwater Angler Registry."

see ya all on the sand soon

The Sussky is giving up lots of nice Yellow Perch.

Licenses time, need 3- Fresh and Salt Water for <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM> and Salt W. for <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM>, and the regestry.

The should have one lic. type for <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM>-<ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM>... LOL or well. The green boy ( DNR ) have to be happy.

*** and DC... oh boy !!! :icon_pirat:

Wdinarte - if you have a MD saltwater license you don't need a VA SW one, MD and VA are reciprocation states and honor each other's license. i haven't bought a MD saltwater license in about 10 years!

i also wish sam would go and catch the first striper again on AI so i know when to start thinking about heading up that way. i spent the weekend tying rigs and cleaning up reels getting ready to go. i can't wait! got a new camera to play with this year...can we say gopro?

Wdinarte - if you have a <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM> saltwater license you don't need a <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM> SW one, <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM> and <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM> are reciprocation states and honor each other's license. i haven't bought a <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM> saltwater license in about 10 years!

Funny, But I learn this just now...

Las year I ask a lady at the park-shop on Sandy Point SP, if with <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM> Salt W. License I still need a <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM> and... She say YES, You need <ACRONYM title=Maryland>MD</ACRONYM> too. Pay ther $$ and now I learn... -" I don't need it " :icon_scratch: ( ignorance payed with money ) well this year I will get just the VA...35$ will put Me on the river and the sand. LOL :D