Dave

december 2010

34 posts in this topic

Ok so the thread will last all month, due to the lack of fish being caught, let's hope things change soon. Some striper have been caught in the surf but the numbers sure are lacking from previous years. Get out and get em. Post all reports fish or no fish. Be safe and have fun.

Fished yesterday am in the surf and caught absolutely nothing.

just talked to Angela at Bucks Place and they just got 200lbs of Bunker and a 100 lbs of the horse mullet. time to fish

Just got home from AI. Caught a large spiny doggie friday afternoon on a bunker chunk and had one knockdown but didn't hook up. Saturday was an absolute bust threw bunker and mullet chunks and heads and did not even get one bite. Did note an incredibly strong undertow where I was set up - was strong enough pull slow drag on my center baitrunner. Just no fish in the surf - they are all apparently several miles offshore where the bait is. Oh well - Come on April !!!!

Thanks Dave - sorry you couldn't make it. You didn't miss anything fishing wise. Have a good winter - see you in April.

well its a little to windy to be out to night .... which stinks...... maby next week

i need a striper with a red nose and a santa hat!!!! on my hook

well its been a few days and no one has posted ??.......... well im posting !..... that i haven't gone out. which is sad :( i hope to go out this week but its up in the air. HAS ANY ONE GONE OUT AT ALL???? come on blues? striper? .... isopods?.....is any thing eating bait??

I'll be heading out in the mid O.C. surf tomorrow, I'll post results or no results when I get back in.

John

Headed out to do the troll today since it's supposed to warm up a little...

Best of luck, waiting to hear your post.

5 hours or so in the mid O.C. surf, nice east breeze for most of the day. No fish, no crabs, no isopods. Heads and chunks went untouched. Will give it another go tomorrow for a few hours.

John

Anyone check the surf water temps lately?

HOLEY COW ITS SAM!!!!!!! ......hay Sam. From what iv seen its been mid 40,s

Finally after 7 unsuccessful trips from PA, Saturday I managed to hook-up with 3 striped ones on AI in 4 hours. All were between 25 - 27" and even though no 40"+ it was well worth the trip. 1st & 3rd pulled like bigger fish.

Finally after 7 unsuccessful trips from PA, Saturday I managed to hook-up with 3 striped ones on AI in 4 hours. All were between 25 - 27" and even though no 40"+ it was well worth the trip. 1st & 3rd pulled like bigger fish.

Glad to hear there is still some pullage for you....

Glad you didn't get discouraged and give up CUDA,Better luck next season.Post some pictures if you have any.

Nice catcches!...went yesterday for about an hour late afternoon and nothing.

Don't have any pics, wife won't let me use the digital on fishing trips. I'm asking for a cheap digital to keep with tackle box to document my exploits. HA HA.....for the few times that happens.

:happy7:My son is comming in from Montana for the Holidays so we will give it one more shot for the year, some time before New Years day.Unless we get a warm spell thenI might have to extend the time before I put the rods away till spring!