Flatfish

Ran into a couple of old friends

8 posts in this topic

Got these guys the last two trips. Slooooooow fishing for sure.

32" Blue and 29.5" striper, both on chunks

10066d1291040323t-fishing-report-ran-into-couple-old-friends-biff-fisher-008.jpg

10067d1291040330t-fishing-report-ran-into-couple-old-friends-biff-fisher-006.jpg

5852a59b44885_bifffisher008.jpg.924b2ad8

5852a59b4da21_bifffisher006.jpg.81f48361

Edited by ocsnapper
added photos

Nice to see something being gotten of the sand.. Nice job thanks for the report.

That blue fish was by far the best fighting fish I have ever caught from the beach. I thought I had a very large striper. He ran four times. The first two runs were pretty strong and the drag was screaming. I got him in a ways and he ran again, this time coming up on the top of the water. Again, I thought for sure it was a big striper. I got him in just on the other side of the breaker and he ran the fourth time. This time he jumped out of the water. At that point I saw it was a blue and just hossed him on in.

I had a real crummy year both from my boat and from shore, and that fish was definitely the highlight of it.

2009 was my best year ever, 2010, probably my worst year ever. Here's to 2011:icon_viking:

That sounds like a good one,those bluefish dont like you pulling on them,and let you know it.would like to have got that on video.

Blues were always one of my favorite fish to catch. I think they fight way more than the Rock do.

Aint no dought about that HULK,smaller rock are more fun than the big ones as far as the fight goes.And properly fileted,blues are good eating.Alltho you cant freeze them for to long,best eaten soon after catching.A bluefish is going to fight till the end.