Dave

november 16 thru 30 2010

36 posts in this topic

Well with the weather and beach closings. Not much to report, there's been a few striper around 40 inches caught from the surf. I've caught plenty of striper off the rt 50 bridge but no keepers. This weekend is harbor tackles annual fall striper tournament, hopefully we will hear some good news. The best of luck to those entering. Go get em Coop.

Sounds like the chompers and striper have arrived, go out and get em.

Hit the beach in mid O.C. yesterday and today. Went through about 10lbs of bunker each day, crabs were tearing it up. Had one hit yesterday, came away with a 30" rockfish, very skinny. Today my buddy Bruce got a 31" rockfish, a whole lot fatter than mine. Two great days on the beach, hopefully it will continue tomorrow. Rockfish tacos and margaritas tonight.

John

Nice, glad to hear of a few being caught.

Has anyone seen any Isopods in the bait?

Sam this thread was locked for some reason? or did you do this on purpose? i unlocked it cause i need to know when to come up there!!!!

Hit the surf yesterday morning................no luck. Ho well that's fishing

Has anyone seen any Isopods in the bait?

No isopods yet, crabs are horrible.

Hit the beach in mid O.C. today. Birds were working all over the place in the morning. Crabs were not as bad as they have been. Managed one 33", 11lb Blue. My buddy lost one about the same size when it bit through his leader in the suds.

John

had 3 hake yesterday and 1 a few 3 a more a few days ago at 14th street. about 12in avg. caught on a blue fish rig with frozen mullet strips. 1 double header, one on the orange ball. strong bite down there if your into it. looking for rockfish...heard rumors of a few big ones last week at the 6a buoy in the thoroughfare. yet to get one myself. good luck guys

32" rock from the rt 50 bridge tonight, cold cold cold out.

For some reason it seems the rock are staying offshore and outta reach, its been real slow out there.

i know the water temp has just dropped the past week and is turning things on. they are catching monsters eeling by the eastern shore down here now, i would imagine you should be seeing the cows in the surf. two weeks ago my buddy slayed up off of jersey. he said full size bunker were beaching them selves to get away from the school of pigs.

Talked to Angela at Bucks today and she weighed a 37" striper this morning caught off assateague.

back at school in chestertown. went out to comegy's bight before the storm hits. got one 25in schoolie rock. black and chartreuse 4in paddle tail on chartreuse jighead

I've been catching off the rt 50 bridge using 6 in storm lures and Chrome Gotcha plugs.

Hit north <acronym title="Ocean City"><acronym title="Ocean City"><acronym title="Ocean City"><acronym title="Ocean City">Oc</acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym> on Sunday. Fished from 4 am to 11. Caught 5 hake before sunrise and a bunch of baby skates. Finally a lil after 930 my rods were hitting left and right. I got this 36 and as soon as I threw it on the beach my far rod was bent with line whistling off. I grabbed it and battled the fish for about 10 mins and when i got it close to the drop off it turned and snapped my 50# leader. I still don't know if it was a blue or rock. After all that my 3rd rod got a hit while I was baiting up the other 2 but I didn't get to it in time. I stayed for another hour with nothing else hitting. I went out again on tues and got a small 26.10087d1291298464t-fishing-report-november-16-thru-30-2010-10071d1291220621t-fishing-report-november-16-thru-30-2010-rock-30.jpg

5852a59b56c3e_rock1130.jpg.066dfc7cc6b0a

10071d1291220621t-fishing-report-novembe

Nice catch!...if it didn't jump, I'd make an educated guess--->very large striper.