17 posts in this topic

Hey all, every year i get to do some surf fishing on our family vacations to get away from the mom & dad & brothers. i will be at north bethany (I think i'm right at the park?) I'll try to find out what house complex we are staying in.

Anyway i would love to have some company, I'll be fishing 99% of the entire week, targeting basically anything that PULLS........mainly shark.

If anyone wants to help a 16 year old out, and do some shark fishin (anyone have a yak?:rolleyes: ) let me know....b23ball23fisher@hotmail.com or 4108022280 (leave a message)

I'm not a complete newbie, I have surf fished for a few years (since i was 12), and had success last summer....with TONS of croaker, 3 sandbar sharks, millions of skate, and one morning i got 15 blues.

So please let me know! I also have another post in the surf fishing section where i ask a few questions.

Sorry for my newbieness, just wanna capitalize on my one week of surf fishing!!

BEN

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS

Hi Ben and welcome to Delmarvafishing.com. Most of the sharking and fishing for that matter is done farther south on Assateague Island. The only fishing I have done in Delaware was at the Indian River Inlet and that was a few years ago. It seems that you have your "ducks in a row" as far as how to catch fish and I LOVE to see that from a guy your age. If you ever find yourself with the opportunity to travel to Assateague Island and you would like some help with shark fishing, let us know.

well i'm there for a whole week, so i can probably convince my dad to take me there for an all-nighter. it would be awesome to fish with some of you......more expeirienced ;) .........shark fisherman. How long of a drive is it from north bethany/ IRI?

Do you get on to the island by boat/ bridge?? or is it not actually an island?

So i'm guessing the sharks should be running in a few weeks? or is it best later in the summer?

thanks for all the help and support

BEN

GOD BLESS

You can catch sharks all up and down the coast. You don't need a kayak to catch them, but I like getting the baits out a bit farther just in case a big one decides to come a little closer to shore. Just make sure you have wire leader on your hook.

It is approximately 30-45 minutes to AI from Bethany Beach. You don't need to get on a boat, there is a bridge. You will need to pay a $10 entrance fee for the week, and I will be happy to meet up with you one night. PM me for more details on a time frame. Good luck if I don't see ya.

i tried to PM you, but it says you have too many messages?

Try again Ben.

We switched forum software and it threw all the old msgs in his box and overfilled it. Seems like those that had PMs need to clean 'em out again....

My dad said that he would be able to take me to AI for one night, and if its good, maybe another...............let me know what dates are available for everyone from july 8th through 15 into 16th

BEN

GOD BLESS

If Sam isn't able to make it down I will be more than happy to meet up as well. I'll probably be down there anyway.

ok, i'll let you know

one quick question: what knots do you guys use to connect the runnin line to the shock leader then to connect the shock to the rub leader? i was going to try a blood knot, but dont know how effective that will be with thicker line like 100# test

My wife is going away 6,7, and 8th,,,will be yaking all day long if I am not working,,,let me know exactly when you plan on fishing before you come down.