Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew K

Fall Drum Run Part III – Weekend Report – OCT 15 –

3 posts in this topic

So Lisa asked me yesterday if I was going fishing today, and I told her no.  She asked me if i was feeling OK, only because i had been fishing all weekend.  Come to think of it, i pretty fished every day last week, even if just for bait, i was somewhere. this weekend we had several late [...]

More from vbsf-hookedup.net/andrewk/

Andrew it sounds like you're using the advantage of youth in a similar manner to how most of us old farts did "back in the day" keep at it you'll be rewarded !!

It sounds like you were fishing the "Duck Inn" side near the bridge Friday night which does fish better on the flood but as you can see it's loaded with snags near the bridge. I fished there this morning before work and threw a 1oz. head with an 5" blue/white Mr. Wiffle tail (which are on sale at OE2 right now at 3 for $.59) from 0530 to 0630 and struck out but I think I was too late for the current that was running dead slow, after that I downsized my gear to a 10 lb. test rod and did fairly well with the micro Specks.

I don't fish too close to the bottom over there because of the "snag monster" and if the wind is tight from the N/W on the incoming the other side produces also but you either have to fish up the beach over the bar or near the bridge on the inside tossing at the upcurrent pile on the left with a quick retrieve, especially if you hook up. I can't tell you how many rigs I've lost like that but it sure is fun.

AK,

As you know and I hope it doesn't still hurt you to much ... I got lucky on that 50" I put on the beach the other night (10/18) ... suprisingly nothing tonight on the NE wind?!

More drum hopefully to come for all of us AKA the big running of the bulls :)

Mark