Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

october 16-31 fishing reports 2010

19 posts in this topic

Well the drum blessed some this year and have since moved on and now we are apon delmarva's best known fishery season( striper), should only be a week or so until it begins. So get out there, fish and let us know how ya did.

Im going to try to get down there real soon.....this weekend is looking good.

come on water temps, i want to come up and catch some stripers!

I was able to get down before the big blow last weekend. I hope this wasn't the last one

RedDrum.jpg.812fcf65f32f4db68d4225de40a9

Way to go morty, sweet red.

Very nice! I know you put in the time. Good job :icon_thumright:

I fished the Rt. 50 bridge in Ocean City last night and saw an incredible bluefish blitz. I snagged one chopper around 25" and after the blues cleared out the stripers took over.

I caught four shorts all around 22"-25". I netted another guy's catch at 30". Fun time.

bridge-striper.jpg.2b6b9e9cdfadaa9594993

I fished the Rt. 50 bridge in Ocean City last night and saw an incredible bluefish blitz. I snagged one chopper around 25" and after the blues cleared out the stripers took over.

I caught four shorts all around 22"-25". I netted another guy's catch at 30". Fun time.

Sounds like a good time! For all the time I been fishing around here for the past 4 or 5 years I never made it out to the bridge, always been sidetracked. Next time you need some company on the bridge give me a call!

Went down to North OC for a weekend fishing trip. Stopped by harbor tackle and bought some fresh bunker and fresh spot. Got on the beach at about 7pm. Caught a couple skates and dogfish sharks. And at about 830 Hooked up with a Rock. It measured 30". Stayed out till about midnight then came back out again at 530am. Caught nothing but skates and dogfish sharks all day and night. A school of cobb mullet came by and i cast netted a few of them but most were to far to cast to. All day long crabs were everywhere. I had to go back to harbor tackle and pick up some more bunker. Went back out again on sunday morning and hooked up with some skates and a couple mini flounder. Overall it looked real promising hooking up with the 30" rock within 2 hours of being there for the weekend. Hopefully next week the Big Dogs will start showing up. I plan on making another weekend trip down again next week.

Went down to North OC for a weekend fishing trip. Stopped by harbor tackle and bought some fresh bunker and fresh spot. Got on the beach at about 7pm. Caught a couple skates and dogfish sharks. And at about 830 Hooked up with a Rock. It measured 30". Stayed out till about midnight then came back out again at 530am. Caught nothing but skates and dogfish sharks all day and night. A school of cobb mullet came by and i cast netted a few of them but most were to far to cast to. All day long crabs were everywhere. I had to go back to harbor tackle and pick up some more bunker. Went back out again on sunday morning and hooked up with some skates and a couple mini flounder. Overall it looked real promising hooking up with the 30" rock within 2 hours of being there for the weekend. Hopefully next week the Big Dogs will start showing up. I plan on making another weekend trip down again next week.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9994[/ATTACH]

Good job!!!! The cows should be coming home anytime now.

I try SPSP on Saturday, was good for w-perch but NOT " rocks " still.

Mabe next time,

Went out Sunday frum 8am to about 3pm and no rocks yet on AI atlest on the OSV side I did get 2 smoth dogfish 2 two spot and one sk8 the thing must have been 4 to 5 lbs not big Like inches but heavy

Great catch!...first one that I heard off the surf!

fishingirlpa and I hit Va. portion of AI over the weekend. I know this should be on the Va. thread, but didn't really see any reports section there for the weekend so I'll throw it here.

The wind wasn't the best to say the least. Managed one little snapper and a 5" spot on a #8 circle. Not sure how he managed to get that hook in his mouth. All in all we had a great three days even with a lack of fish. Water was a bit dirty and got into grass yesterday.

Hope to get back for the next couple of weekends. It shouldn't be long now.

Morty, was that you and Destiny out there Sat. evening? Thought that might have been the two of you just south of us at dusk.

Went out last night. To the Rt 50 bridge. wind was awful, but still got a striper .....thanx to a good friend. Still we all got one. good night .....

Fun fishing the bridge last night, managed two shorts at 25 inches, shouldn't be long until their in the surf.

Whats the best bait of choice for rock's at this time? Thinking of hitting AI for the 1st time this year this weekend.

Whats the best bait of choice for rock's at this time? Thinking of hitting AI for the 1st time this year this weekend.

Surf clams or pretty much any cut up bait like bunker,mullet or spot.