fish-aholic

Virginia Hunting and Fishing License fee increase

5 posts in this topic

I believe it is really going to discourage folks from fishing. I mean some families only come down once a year and look forward to fishing. Adding the (red tape) of getting a fishing license just might be the last straw that brings down the revenue of the local tackle shops. :-(

Man, that isn't nice.

At least they don't do like NJ, fresh water you have to present a Child Support statement too.

Gives me shivers....

At least they don't do like NJ, fresh water you have to present a Child Support statement too.

Gives me shivers....

WHAT?:confused:

Yeah, think I'm kidding???

(I know you don't)

NJ Child Support Certification Requirement Information

As many of you know, hunters and anglers are now being asked to complete a child support certification when applying for a new license. Under a state law, the Child Support Program Improvement Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:17-56.7a, et seq. (pdf, 215kb), the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW) is required to obtain this information, just as it is required to obtain Social Security Numbers. DFW realizes the imposition this has placed upon our constitutents, our license agents and our staff and understands that individuals have concerns regarding the collection of this information. (Individuals with questions regarding the status of their child support obligations should contact their local probation department.)

In order to address these concerns, DFW worked with the Office of the Attorney General, the Administrative Offices of the Court and State Information Technology staff to develop a more convenient and efficent way of meeting our obligations under this law. As a result, those wishing to purchase a license can now be certified on-line. We believe this system will address many of the concerns that have been raised and will take pressure off of our license agents.

On-line Child Support Certification will generate a Child Support Certification Number. Print the certification page and take to any license agent for purchasing a license not available online. Agents using the new online license site (beginning February, 2006) will be able to enter your identifying information and verify your certification. As we implement full online-licensing the printing of the certificate will not be necessary.

Similar story up her in PA for hunting licence. They are now requiring a SS# on the hunting licence. It isnt sitting well with the hunters, for many various reasons, mainly the identity theft factor. Licence books are left out on counters at times, and other purchasers can see the book while it is being filled out for their licence. And whatever employee at wallys world etc. It is supposed to be so delinquint child support accounts can be tracked.