Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Jet Ski Catching In The Chesapeake Bay

2 posts in this topic

It was a wirlwind weekend. I fished in a Speck/ Puppy Drum Tournament, went to a football game, went fishing again and then went a cruise with my wife.

Started on Saturday departing my house in Poquoson at 0630 hrs and headed to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. I was fishing in the Poquoson Seafood Festival Puppy Drum/ Speck Tourny. I fished around the first and second Islands and only managed two undersize puppy drum, a few small Tau Tog and some Oyster Toads. I had to get back early for a Ducks Unlimited Tailgate/Fundraiser football game at William and Mary in Williamsburg Virginia. That was a great event with too much food and good friends, William and Mary was playing Rhode Island. W & M won 26-7.

Today I went back out in the bay and fished some structure close to York Spit Light. I caught several nice Sheepshead and Tau Tog using live fiddler crab for bait. I then went back home and picked up my wife and cruised over to New Point Comfort Light. It was flat and glassy conditions all weekend, I covered over 90 miles and burned about 20 gallons. Here are some pictures from this weekend;

DSC_0006a-1.jpg

shamrock-1.jpg

toad1-1.jpg

coastguard-1.jpg

uscg-1.jpg

weld-1.jpg

dolphins1-1.jpg

gulls2-1.jpg

heron4-1.jpg

yak2-1.jpg

DSC_0134a1-1.jpg

DSC_0108-1.jpg