9 posts in this topic

Aug 3rd to the 14th Barb, my boat and I will be in OC for 10 days of fishing :mrgreen: staying at the "Outrigger" condos off 28th street, its got a dock so the boat will be in the water all week :!: and I'll be ready to fish wthin a seconds notice 8)

don't think Im going to bring any "surf gear" so if your free that week and want to fish, let me know :D

oh man, the town will be a nuthouse the Aug 7-11 for the open.

oh man, the town will be a nuthouse the Aug 7-11 for the open.

yup, I can't wait :D I know most of the locals don't like the extra attention/crowds/boats but I don't mind the crowds at all, I love the atmosphere it brings to the beach 8)

Roger, will you be ready for some "skinny water" Fly Fishing :wink:

I am in for any fishing any time, I will gladly kick in for fuel, bait, and beer. I don't get out of the inlet as often as I like to and charters are just so expensive. I can get some coordinates for some great wrecks that are only a couple miles out. :mrgreen: I am very flexible schedule wise.

i may be, hafta see aht the other half has planned, lol

oh and when i go fishin out there im one of the crowd haters, im out at sunnup and off by noon. man it gets nuts out there

I am in for any fishing any time, I will gladly kick in for fuel, bait, and beer. I don't get out of the inlet as often as I like to and charters are just so expensive. I can get some coordinates for some great wrecks that are only a couple miles out. :mrgreen: I am very flexible schedule wise.

thats cool, your welcome aboard. now I will not have access to the net while Im down at the beach so you'll have to get ahold of me on my cell (443-392-5556) and I have @25 wrecks and such in my GPS that I got from joining the OC Reef Foundation and also from a book called "Shipwrecks of the Mid-Atlantic"

i may be, hafta see aht the other half has planned, lol

oh and when i go fishin out there im one of the crowd haters, im out at sunnup and off by noon. man it gets nuts out there

thats cool, Im usally in the boat all day and into the night, only breaking for chow, which we usally cook in and don't eat out alot, thats my recipie for avoiding the crowds during the WMO :mrgreen: oh.....and using back streets and alleys to get around on the island :wink:

Randy,

We have the same #'s :D

I love that Gary Gentile book! It nice to know a little history of where you're fishing....

Randy,

We have the same #'s :D

I love that Gary Gentile book! It nice to know a little history of where you're fishing....

yup, same book and I think we have 2 more, 1 is "Shipwrecks off NC" and the other might be NJ, I think :?:

I esp like the chapters of the 17th century ship called "Gala"(sp) which is beach somewhere on AI near the MD/VA border and they think its the one responsible for the "Wild Ponies" of AI but its location is secret because the Park Service doesn't want people pouring over it :?: