Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

October 1-15 Fishing Reports 2010

33 posts in this topic

Well the drum have made a good showing, some small sand bar sharks as well as numerous sand tigers are still being caught in the surf. Hopefully the striper make a good showing this fall. As always post all your reports fish or no fish, just be safe and have fun.

I wonder how this weather has effected the fishing? It will be interesting to hear a few reports.

I plan on being out in a day or two hope to have good news

Went out today......water was not the nicest. Didn't do good at all. Good liuck to the next angle

I didn't fish this weekend weather was crazy !!! I hope my best for striper time.

Need to see one at the end of the line :-)

Good luck guys.

WD

What kind of set up are you using this time of year for drum off the beach. I tried in the spring but to no avail.

Drum are very rare in the spring off ai. I use a mustad 10/0 circle demon snelled to about 2 inches of 100 lb bite leader to a swivel then tied to my shock leader. Best of luck.

I never went after Drum but, I would like to this year. What is the best baits?

Hulk

I prefer cut spot, peelers or cut cob mullet.

I haven't heard or had to much good being done with peelers but I also haven't "hooked" a drum ether I did manage to get a 20"er so (maby less) drum in my cast net when going for bait but then the drum gods sade ...."what the .............!?! You cant do that !" And ripe my net to shreds. You might call It a fare trade..... I do:dontknow:

I prefer cut spot, peelers or cut cob mullet.

Sam,

Are you just "Chunkin" it?

Went out on the susquehanna Flats today. 32 Rockfish caught. 10 were keepers. Bite has been picking up quite a bit since the storm. Conowingo Dam went into flood stage on Saturday Pushing a lot of fresh water down the bay. White Sassy Shads are what we are catching them on.