31 posts in this topic

:D Pretty much the same scenario as last week,,,we are still waiting for the real big toothy critters,,,within a week, we should start getting reports of larger sharks,,,still plenty of kingfish to keep you busy.

get your feet in the sand,,,go fish and have fun :D

Went yak sharking today on AI and met up with Sam and later Oliver (igormothra),,none of us saw any action until the very end,,,just so happened, I was all packed up and reeling in my last shark rod when a sandtiger hit,,,right spot at the right time,,,a fat 7' sandtiger slob,,,good company and a good night of fishing.

Nice meeting you Oliver and look forward to a couple good months of sharking,,,BTW, Oliver has the Bertram of yaks,,,awsome yak, rod holders and all,,,very cool!,,,great company and a good time :D

santiger_138.jpg.35cbae462e3eb264cc9e223

sandtigersmouth_179.jpg.0450afbff8440b74

sandtigeroliver_209.jpg.002d952067f7a94c

Awesome..... I want one....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Way to go Scott!!!!!!

Great catch, Scott. That was a lot of fun. :v: :mrgreen: Sorry about the camera cable in the wash... :oops: I've got another one for ya.

nice catch scott, can't wait to make it out there yak is ready :lol:

Nice BEAST, how far did you yak the bait out to find him?

In the words of Poltergeist...

They're heeeeeerrrreeeeeee.......

Good job boyz, who walked her back out?

snicker-snicker

Sam walked her out,,,and went out between 400-500yds,,,great exercise :D .

Can't wait to see you guys in action - how you land, unhook and release a monster like that. Definitely wouldn't want to try it alone the first time!!!!!!!!

Trowpa,

We'll have to hook up for an all nighter on the beach, I'm in Jarrettsville and have all the permits and the gas guzzler and the yak, just need someone to split gas and make sure I don't get eaten. I know you fish the gunpowder so you aren't that far away.

Charkbait, do you fisht he gunpowder? i was just up there a couple of weeks ago fly fishin for trout, beautiful river

I am headed back out tonight gonna try for 5 if anyone wants to come.

Charkbait - would love to - but you might have me confused with someone else on the board??

I live in PA and have never fished the Gunpowder. I do fish a lot of streams in eastern PA where I live (have one in my back yard actually :) ) - but never gone down "south" for anything other than the saltwater.

I'm about 3.5 hrs from OC/AI - have an OC condo in the family so i get down a decent amount (I shoot for once a month -sometimes more, sometimes less). If you'll be down for the sharking get together, I'll be there

Charkbait, do you fisht he gunpowder? i was just up there a couple of weeks ago fly fishin for trout, beautiful river

On occasion, tired of small fishes now, that's for March/April! Need big feesh!

Charkbait - would love to - but you might have me confused with someone else on the board??

I live in PA and have never fished the Gunpowder. I do fish a lot of streams in eastern PA where I live (have one in my back yard actually :) ) - but never gone down "south" for anything other than the saltwater.

I'm about 3.5 hrs from OC/AI - have an OC condo in the family so i get down a decent amount (I shoot for once a month -sometimes more, sometimes less). If you'll be down for the sharking get together, I'll be there

definitely confused you with someone else, sorry. I'll see you on the sand anyway!

Hi, This is Sam's sister, Natalie. That's an amazing shark! Why did you release it, just curious? Good eatin', you know... :P But hey, is anyone keeping a log or anything in this forum of the fish you guys catch? Any season-long, friendly competitions? That would be fun to watch!

keeping a sand tiger will land you in the pokey...or a hefty fine.

IMO once they get over 4 ft they are hard to deal with, lots to get rid of etc. If you are going to kill one keep a 3ft-4ft sharpnose.

When I was eating sharks I thought the 4 foot Sandbars and Blacktips were the best but I never worried or knew about the 54 in rule and had many a ranger watch me cut em up. Not sure how that law pertains to the surf but it sure sounds like they best be 54in now. I will try and ask that question this weekend and see if they have to break out their regs book to answer it. I have a feeling Sandbars and dogfish are exempt

Just got back from the beach, was out there with Mom(oceanoma). Congrats on your first real fish Mom :up: :up: . Between the two of us we saw a bunch of action. 2 croakers decent size, 6 small blues, 2 small kings, one skate and Mom almost lost her Baitrunner and Garcia rod to a bullnose ray that I ended up fighting for about 20 min and it finally poped off the hook just as I got it out of the surf. :censored: :censored: :censored: (sorry Mom I know you wanted to see it) no big toothy critter action, but I now have a bunch of great bait for tomorrow. If you guys haven't guessed by now I really want to land one of those bad boys. So I am going to keep trying till I get one, oh damn, I am just gonna have to go fishing every night. :roll: So if anyone wants to join me I am going to try to get out every night for as long as it takes(then I'll really be hooked and will keep going just because)

Man, you do have it bad! You sound just like me. :-)