Dave

Sept 16 Thru 30 Fishin Reports 2010

32 posts in this topic

A few reds have shown as well as blues. Kings, croaker, mullet are around. And a few tooth critters are still hanging out. Post your reports fish or no fish. Just remember, enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

FISHED AI today hi to low tide, fished about a mile north of va line, 5 rays, approx., 30 blue fish, several in the 2 lb range. nps was out today finishing up the washout . lots of envior. personnel doing their thing back behind the dunes. a beautiful day on the beach, until i got to the air pumps. the assateague buzzards, aka mosquitos almost sucked the life out of me. then hit a deer after crossing the bridge. good luck to all that are fishing the DRUM TOURNAMENT, this weekend. JOHN

Hope the deer didn't cause to much damage, pm me if u need parts, I might have some. Goin out tomorrow, for the tourney.

Sorry to hear about your truck.

Had to laugh at "Assateague Buzzards"... :)

Must be lucky, one small dent in drivers side front bumper. i don't think the deer was that lucky. JOHN

Hoooooooo man ........just got back off the beach drum turny definitely had Awesome weather a little more cloud cover would have been nice ....saw a few lobsters out their.

I had no luck one sk8.....had a rod out for maybe 6hrs out of the hole thing.......... ho well that's fishing

Wondering how the rest of Yall did

Great time at the Harbor Tackle Red Drum Tournament. I didn't get into the money, but I did manage to catch my personal best Butterfly Ray at 84" wide. Of course, it took off on my lightest rod and I nearly got spooled several times. Now I'm sunburned and ready for some R&R.

Good fishing with you as always, Dave and Jon. Dave, congrats on your win! I'll let you tell that story. :icon_salut:

At the drum tourney, managed to land two sand tigers on Fri night. On was 7ft 4 in, the other was 8 ft 3 in. The later guaranteed me first in the largest trash fish category. Had a great time, sunny days, cool nights, great friends means a great time.

congrats dave! which i could have joined you guys, my schedule just didn't allow it this year. glad you guys had a good time! hoping to get up there in a few weeks!

Good Job Sam and Dave on the tourney!!! That 84" Ray was probably the hardest thing to beach in the whole thing.

Sorry, can't do math when tired. My sand tigers were 7 ft 3 and 6 ft 5. Got me biggest trash fish. Just went out today got chased off by nps. Osv is closed till further notice.

From sat. morn. to sun. afternoon.

1 Flounder 19 3/4''

4 Blue fish from 10-25''

Many Keeper Rockfish coming out of the Susquehanna Flats. Poppers and spot chunks are preferred bait. Salt line has backed way up the bay into the rivers. Spots and Croakers are being caught in Havre de Grace and Port Deposit, which is very rare.

That 84" Ray was probably the hardest thing to beach in the whole thing.

Yeah, it was quite a battle. Nearly got spooled twice. My Blue Yonder doesn't quite have the strength or line capacity for such a critter, so I was thumbing the spool and doing a lot of walking backwards.

Glad to get her in and back out. Thanks for the pictures, Dave.

Assateague-Fishing.JPG.240f5d6097e7dc2dc

butterfly-ray.jpg.c3f186f9d9407347b89449

butterfly-ray-beach.jpg.318bcd72d65b3989

sam, that is one big butterfly...dave, congrats on the shark. At least you got some money back!

That was a MASSIVE ray. I can only imagine what he was thinking during the fight. "haaa thave got my lips in some kinda tractor been........I just wanted breakfasts!!!!!?!".

Went out last night and got my first drum on the line .....fought it for 3 minutes and SNAP!!!?!???!!......." %&?/?*@$%#% " never got a chance to reel in 3min of line ripping, clicker screaming, Massive pulling power fight.

And I'm going back tomorrow!

After 3 all-weekenders, I finally got my first 2010 fall Red. I thought it was never going to happen this year. Tough conditions wind 20-25 with way higher gusts. Ocean was definately pissed off. It took over 1/2 to land and took me up the beach over 100 yards. Not the largest Drum I have caught, but man she was a pig. She went 49 1/2 X 34" girth. Wish I had a better pic.

fallred2010-1.jpg

Headed it out for my 3rd weekender in a row looking for Mr Red. Got in the suds about sunset Friday evening. The weather was nuts, wind was 20-20 mph and the ocean was pissed off. Ten oz's barely held and would cut loose every 10 minutes. Helped a friend land a 51" Drum and thought here I go again. About 45 minutes later my rod dips. It looked like a skate hit. Set the hook and it felt like a small Sanbar. It was coming in a little easy and I didn't think it was a Drum. I got it to the outter surf line and it was on. I didn't think I was going to turn it. Finally it turned and again, it was easy reeling. Hit the surf line again and another long run. She took a good dozen runs like that. The surf was huge and was not helping much. Finally after over 1/2 hour I land a sweet Drum. It isn't the largest I have caught, but she was a pig for sure. The pic doesn't do it much justice.

fallred2010-1.jpg

Morty, that is one FAT drum! :icon_surprised:

Great job and congrats!