12 posts in this topic

Eric (Possum House) caught a sand tiger at 2:00am 70"

Critter Gitter caught one drum at 5:01am 47 1/4"

Catskill John caught one drum at 7:00am 45 1/2

Another 4 drum were caught on Friday. The biggest being 49.5" by Gary.

Sam, Keep us informed,,,heading out after work before the wind starts to blow late tonight. Going to swim one rod out on my 535gs and cast from the bar. Hopefully I can get 8 hours tonight and head out again early Sunday when the wind dies down,,,around 2 am Sunday and fish for another 8 hours. Man,,,I wish I didnt have to work. Hopefully those 16 hours will be good to me,,,just worried about the winds.

Steve, He doesnt get the handicap,,,we should getem!!! That means he would start off with three fish,,,we can't have that :lol::!:

Thanks for the update Sam,

I wish I could be there this weekend, but I have to work.

I hope everyone has a great tournament.

All the best!

Steve, He doesnt get the handicap,,,we should getem!!! That means he would start off with three fish,,,we can't have that :lol::!:

Nooooo!

I mean his first THREE don't count!

Fished yesterday in the drum tourney and managed to catch some fish,,,2 very small black drum (a nice suprise :o ), 1 small trout (tagged and released), many kings, all under 14" and a whole mess of sharks. The sharks were out there thick and managed to land only 1 and that was a 3' sandbar. Had many other toothy critters but they chomped right threw my leader before I could beach-um. A couple were probably quite large by the way they pulled. Heading out again after work and fish until I have to go back to work Sunday,,,going to try to catch a few hours of sleep right after work today.

Scott, did you get pics of the black drum? That is cool. What did they hit?

Sam, here are the pics of the fish. Everything was caught on bunker capped with fishbites, crab variety. Had 4 drum rods and 1 rod for the small stuff. Still lots of kings out there, none were over 14" :cry:. Going to start again around 2 or 3am Sunday morning,,,hopefully this wind will die down a little tonight.

trout-1.jpg

drum-1.jpg

It is good to see you catching some small stuff, including the kings. I haven't heard of too many caught lately. Here are some pics of black drum and sheepshead. Sometimes I have a hard time identifying them when they are small, but this helps.

Black Drum:

clear.gif

Sheepshead

clear.gif

Sam, even tho the pic doesnt show it, the one I caught had barbs on his chin. Since I caught a black drum, thought maybe a red would be in the area,,,wishful thinking anyway. Off to go re-rig some of my shock leaders,,,sharks skin tore them up last night,,,then 3 hours of sleep and back at it :D ! Looks like the wind is starting to lie down :D . Sam, anything caught today? Tough conditions out there today,,,thinking maybe some fish will be biting at first light.

Steve Coleman's fish on Friday was also the 2nd largest for the tournament. Sorry Steve that I left that out.