ONESHOT308

525 Vs Slosh 30

9 posts in this topic

Just looking for opinions, the 525 mag vs the slosh 30. John

Both are great reels.

The Slosh 30 holds a tad more line and has a far superior clicker.

The 525 has an adjustable mag control system that is easily modified, smoother and generally longer casting.

The bad thing about the slosh is the shape of it. It has a weird gear box that is just plain in the way. The spool also sits much higher off the reel than the 525 making it hard to keep thumb pressure during casting if you have small hands.

The bad thing about the 525 is that it costs more and the clicker is horrible (even after modifying).

i have a 525 thought i'd read everything about them would love to know how to modify the clicker, it's the only thing i don't like about the reel. Thanks in advance.

Bill

For me the 525 holds no where near enough line, my Diawa and abu hold 375 yards of 17 lb test and for big toothies its barely enough line.

its easy, just take off the side plate and file down the teardrop shaped peice to more of a point. It helps some but not a lot and it doesn't las too long.

For me the 525 holds no where near enough line, my Diawa and abu hold 375 yards of 17 lb test and for big toothies its barely enough line.

yep, i agree. I back my Penn 525's with 30 lb braid to give me some extra capacity.

thanks for the replies, i already have a 525, just don't like all the plastic, i bought a slosh 30, haven't tried it yet. maybe one nite this week.

Slosh 30 is by far my favorite. I've used a few other high dollar reels and no comparison. The slosh takes a lickin' and keeps on clickin'.

I think the question is more: 525 vs 20SHA to make it more apples vs. apples comparison. And then, if you mag the 20SHA, it's 20SHA all the way.