Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finaddict

Delaware Surf Fishing Reports 9/1-9/15/10

11 posts in this topic

I hope all of you weathered the storm well and all is safe.

The surf is getting ready to heat up. Mullet should be making their fall migration run and the fish will be plentiful.

The Blues are smokin' at DSSP. We went out Sat, Sun and Monday and we must have caught over 30 each day. There was a few Kingies missed in. I saw a small Flounder pulled out of the suds as well.

As always feel free to post your fishing reports here. Good luck everyone.

Anyone know if the mullet have showed up at the CHSP pier? If not, where can I go to get some that's worth the $? I assume that's what the blues are hitting...correct? Thanks for the info.

They are here and there. Right now no rhyme or reason. The should be showing up in numbers anytime now.

Fished on the Sand Tuesday & Wed.-Caught 2 Flounder(1keeper), and alot of Snapper Blues. I've found that the Circle hooks don't work real as well as J-Hooks with Blues. Maybe its because they were small?? Has this been ya'll's experience?? I should be there next week for the rest of the year, looking forward to wetting some line with you guys. I spooled up my first braided and can't believe the difference. I seriously fished the BASS Tournaments for a number of years and am surprised no one spoke or used the braided. Is this something that is relatively new to the market?

Braid isn't new to the market, has been around for a number of years now. I watch BASS on ESPN and some of those boys do use braid. You can here the difference in the line when they are reeling line in. Love it for spinning outfit, but use mono for conventionals.

I thought that it was the other way around. I know you can hear the "twiney" stretch sound with Mono. The braided is much more sensitive, as far as casting distance I have only used it one day so far, so I really can't say yet.

I just started using sting silvers on a light tackle spinning reel with 20lb braid. You can throw it a mile and blues love them.

sting-silver.jpg.549a2eb698644afe644bd31

is that sting silver weighted. I have a bunch of lures that look like that and have never used them. Mine are made of metal and have a good amount of weight to them.

Hey Guys,

I have never eat Red Drum, are they good to eat???

Hey Guys,

I have never eat Red Drum, are they good to eat???

I am not much of a fish eater, but I have tried Puppy Drum and yes, it is delicious.