17 posts in this topic

Well, I finally made it out! The weather was perfect, and the fish cooperated. We went 4 for 7 on blues, grabbed 1 Cbass and let another go get bigger at Great Eastern, hit the bass grounds and found that the fish have either been picked clean, or have moved off.

This was my first offshore run in 'Bohica' and she performed beautifully. We ran 5 lines, and trolled the edge of the shoal. More hits at the top and bottom, not many in the middle. The hot lure was the mackeral coloured Zuker getting 2 fish + 2 knock downs, and the green machine. Water temp 66.

Lots and lots of boats out, and the usual A-holes tryin to muscle you off 'their' fish, but all in all a great day.

js_blues_061706_581.jpg.f683a97380addaed

Good Job Bob :up:

those water temps are lookin' good, how was the water color :?:

Water clarity was excellent. It was that nice deep blue colour that you want, and I could see down maybe 10-15 feet.

Nice catches,,,once the water warms up, move off the jackspot and look for some pots, floating grass, any debris and go for some dolphin,,,they are not real big ones but are still fun to catch and still plenty big enough for the table,,,maybe I'll see ya out there one day,,,fish on "strike fever",,,my pops boat.

Scott

Water clarity was excellent. It was that nice deep blue colour that you want, and I could see down maybe 10-15 feet.

ooooh, I see Im gonna' have to do an OC trip real sooooon (before vacation) :mrgreen:

Nice report and good looking blues! Hopefully, I'll get out there soon. :-)

I would soooooo much love to feel the fight of a Blue, I love it!

Maybe they'll hit the beach one of these days.

Jackspot was just out a short ways, right?

Hard to believe it gets that crowded but it's on everybody's GPS nowadays.

What about chumming/drifting instead of trolling?

Anytime anyone wants to buddy up and winds are < 15 seas <= 3', let me know. I'll be running out as often as the weather will allow.

If you have room on your boat I'll kick in for gas bait and beer, anytime. I have a VERY flexible schedule.