Dave

Sept 1 Thru 15 Fishing Reports

38 posts in this topic

well... shark are still around, kings and croaker have thinned out a bit but still around. but what is concerning, hurricane earl on the holiday weekend. those of you planning on fishing fri and sat, might want to have a back up plan and stay safe. as always post your reports and have a safe and happy holiday.

last night, one 63 inch dusky and a spit hook.

It was nice to get out and see the surf last night. The water was a beautiful turquoise. Thanks again, Dave.

Anyone know what the Surf is like? I'd planned to head out Sat night thru Sun afternoon, but I'm not sure if the OSV is open, or if I have to cast over 12 foot breakers...

Im pretty sure all the beaches will be closed down...and pretty darn dangerous. Would suggest you make some other plans for the weekend.....itll be nasty

Yeah, the wind is howling here now.. If you do decide to head out, make sure you call ahead to see if the beach is shut down.

Just got back and not a thing on a hook... well Dave had a run or two but that's his story. I had no pullage.

Had a good hit on my 9 ft bait rod but got bit off, one hit on my header but spit hook. Beach is open to around kilometer 26. Just passed the closure was a deep cut through the beach. Looked like a 2 to 3 ft drop. So might be a while till it fills in.

Spend the day (sunday 09/05 ) @ Assateague national seashore park, have a great day and some "spots" to pull, I clean 7-for dinner.

I didn't know you CAN do some "campfire" @ the national park on the beach, next time I will make some plans to over-night fishing and have some marshmallow, probable by the end of September ( A B-Day on the sand LOL ). Was a great day with the family and the new member "Smokey" the first dog for the family a 9-mths "Dorky" (a cross between the Dachshund and the Yorkshire Terrier.) We all have fun.

Well went out agen with Dave and we met up with Sam,AndrewK, and his room mate. I had no luck with bat fish but was the first (out of like 15 rods between all of us) to land a 4ft ish sandbare not a bad start to my night. After the scend shark was release Sam tells me I'm sinking nuts for standing in knee deep surf looking for the shark( just to make sher it revived and swam off ). Well Sam I have reformed an extensive check of my fingers,toes, and other mager appendages and every thing is in order...........exited I'm missing a screw or two for my forehead

Last night, nice meeting Matt, fishing with Jon, Sam and Andrew k. Lost one early on, landed a 7 ft 1 inch sandtiger later. Had left Andrew and Matt fishing, it was fun guys.

last night i took out a guy whom has been wanting to catch a shark in the worst possible way. let him borrow a rod, set him up in a spot new to me since my hole was taken. well he had a run and lost it. recasted and within minutes he had another run, caught a 5 ft sandbar. need less to say he's hooked. all i caught was a huge cow nose ray without a tail.

Nice job, Dave. Glad you could show him how it is done!

good job dave, you are the shark man.

Dave, John, Sam, Matt and myself had a blast fishing with you guys. John you were right, we did have what felt like a 100 yard spread on the beach. dave tell the wife that Lisa was disapointed she got sick (still getting over it today). I didn't catch anything, missed 4 or 5 good bites. Matt got two, one big sand tiger and a big dusky after you guys left. he had a blast. i had a blast. wish the summer wasn't almost over.....

Congrats to John for catching his first large shark! You certainly have put in the time and effort.

Matt, great job on the Sandtiger and that Dusky. The Dusky fight will be one I won't forget soon! Great time with you guys.

Post your pictures!

Umm...... I didn't go out on wensday and you've seen me get other shark, like the one on Tuesday?!?

Jon, that's what he is talkin about, Tuesday.

Fished the beach yesterday down near the VA line. Caught some nice blue fish, some over 20", a couple of skate and a nice seashell. Had a really good run that bit my hook off. My friend was hooked up on something huge for about 5 or 10 minutes that dumped a lot of line then spit the hook. I am guessing a big sand tiger.

Back from SPSP from a raining day, the bite was good but the catch was ok.

I pull some samall striped (under 10 inch ), and some lil spots I pull one more but don't know waht it was, same shape like spots but "NOT spot ".

I should take a picture to learn the ID but not pictures.

A Great day ( raining ) and BBQ inside the car for lunch LOL, but was great.

???? It is normal to have small striped by this time ?...

I hope you guys gave a great weekend too.

Fished the beach yesterday down near the VA line. Caught some nice blue fish, some over 20", a couple of skate and a nice seashell.

I like that spot "the VA line" ... well it is easy for ME and the family, if We camp at the state park or just a day trip to the National Park

easy to " walk " ( don have a 4x4 ) to the State line and have some fun.:icon_salut:

Went for drum got 2; 5.5 ft sand tigers, 2 skate and bitten off.

I pull one more but don't know waht it was, same shape like spots but "NOT spot ".

I should take a picture to learn the ID but not pictures.

**** White perch... LOL

I find a report from other guy fishing @ SPSP

Tried my luck for Mr Red this weekend. Headed out Friday night. Saturday the Flounder fishing was off the hook. Got alot of decent Blues as well. Saturday night got 3 Sandbars, 1 Sandtiger and a huge Butterfly ray. A friend of mine stuck a Red that night. Sunday it was raining by 5 am. Got about 2 hrs sleep total.

Maybe next time.

made a last minute trip to AI saturday night. all my friends bailed on me, so i picked up Sam and we hit the beach for a few hours. tried the spot that we fished in last weekend with Dave and John, got one sand tiger at 54", tagged and released. called it about 2am. good to get back on the beach, and get my last shark for the summer. thanks to Sam for passing it off to me again. pretty much going to target drum now. sam had a blast as usual.