dave9600

Just Back from Iraq and Looking for the Bite.

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am recently back in the area after being overseas. I was hoping for a little advise on hooking up on a nice cobia. I will be dropping the boat at back creek. I spent last week in obx inshore trolling blues and macs, but I have the itch for a bigger bite. I am thinking about hitting york spits with chum, but am up for any suggestions. I am located in williamsburg, does anyone know of a shop close that sells live eels(my traps have been empty all week).

Thanks to everyone for their weekly reports. You really kept me going in the big sandbox.

If anyone is looking to fish, feel free to jump in. I have a 21 wa. Fishes 4 comfortably, but fits 8.

Dave9600. First let me thank you for your service to our nation. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I caught a nice Cobia 3 years ago off the coast of NC. We were trolling for Mackeral & Mahi and when the Capt. saw the CObia he loaded me up with a live bait and I just cast it out to him. Capt showed us how the Mahi light up when the were feeding and that attracted many more predators including the Cobia that gave me the best fight of my life. Good Luck and thanks again.

First, THANK YOU. Glad you are home safe. I think if you want "The Man in the Brown suit" it would be better a little south. Everyone I ever caught was a accident. Lots of other sites on the web.

Once again thank you for your service. Cobia are still being caught in that area but chumming this time of year isnt always the most productive. You can try the buoy hopping scence but you better beat the traffic. Ive caught them as far north as Eastville on the eastern shore in mid september chumming but you have to know the routes they take down the shoreline on thier way out. Look for slews 18-30 ft deep in the middle of shallower water. these make good routes for them. they are also picking up a lot oc cobia off the ocean front right now. Good luck.