7 posts in this topic

I was just wondering about specifics about driving onto the beach at Assateague. What is the cost of a year round drive on pass? Does your vehicle need to be 4x4? Also what about tire pressure? I just hoped someone could clear these things up for me...Thanks!

Day passes are 90, 24 hour passes are 110. Gate pass is 30.2wd is pemitted but I wouldn't recommend it. There are specifics for 2wd. As for tire pressure, I recommend to run at 15 psi, 10 on soft sand days.

So it would cost $90 to go fishing for one day on Assateague if you drove onto the beach? That seems very high. At least I couldn't afford to pay that just to go fishing...

Day pass is good for 12 months sunrise to sunset.

I wouldn't mess around with a 2WD out there....

You are likely to pay the fee and buy all the required gear, only to bury yourself to the axle within 100' after hitting the sand.

Day pass is good for 12 months sunrise to sunset.

Oh ok. Haha, I was wondering how you guys paid for all those trips to AI. That's actually a good deal!

I wouldn't mess around with a 2WD out there....

You are likely to pay the fee and buy all the required gear, only to bury yourself to the axle within 100' after hitting the sand.

That's what I've heard. I would hate to get stuck out there when the fish are biting.