Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bucket

Access to Ft. Story for the Fishing Public Elimina

2 posts in this topic

AUGUST 8th, 2010 PUBLIC ACCESS UPDATE: Our non-profit has been fighting to maintain full public access to Ft. Story (a historically recreational and training military base) since 2007. In the last two months things, things have gone from bad to worse and access for the fishing public has been totally eliminated and for no reason other than it is a part of the Navy's standard playbook when they took the base over from the Army. Below is our non-profit's most recent communication with the Navy officials for which no official response has been issued/received. This loss of public access has also been recently higlighted and discussed as well on a local Virginia fishing website pierandsurf.com http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-forum/showthread.php?t=78661 (http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-forum/showthread.php?t=78661) May 24, 2010 Captain Charles Stuppard Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek - Fort Story Commander 2600 Tarawa Ct.Norfolk, VA 23521 RE: Ft. Story Public Access Dear Captain Stuppard, Virginia Coastal Access Now (VCAN) is a non-profit organization that represents recreational anglers and environmental advocates working to maintain and enhance the public

More...

Just more BS. Inspect what ever you want, ITS JUST FISHING! A heaver made out of C4 wouldn't cast worth a dang.LOL. If "beach" people can't fish, it is a job killer. Are boaters next. Nice beach you live at but you can't go on it! They took me first. I always took more trash than I brought that was mostly left by your "NEIGHBORS" so now the city cleans the "private' BEACHES so we can pay to put sand on them when needed. I need to use YOUR BATHROOM since I paid to keep it SAFE!!!