39 posts in this topic

well gotta start this one a day early cause im gonna be outta town tomorrow. plenty of kins and spot being caught out in the surf with a few croaker in the mix. shark have been hit or miss due to the west winds over the past 2 weeks but if this east wind holds out a while things should be back to normal. now get out there and wet a line, be safe and have fun.

fished <acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island">ai</acronym></acronym> saturday night sun morning got my personal best

8ft 3in

100_1488.jpg.2f29dbf9998be60d27134c1e662

Great catch! What bait were you using? About how far out was it?

great job allen.

took my nephew out this eve and he got his first shark, mind you on his first ever surf fishing trip. i got 2 at 56 and 60 inches. also general caught a large roughtail.

DSC03884.jpg.5f1f14fea6aae8b4d95e3ee8f57

DSC03880.jpg.fc791209b3e502c1068368fc288

DSC03877.jpg.bb37e26b26c3174b97df5be0f8c

Great Job, Allen!

Dave, way to show John how it is DONE! Wish I could have joined ya.. :)

see i knew you guys would start catching them when i left!

going again tonight!

nice i have to get down there soon, i've been working so much lately that i haven't had a chance to. how is it on saturdays? even worth going? seems like you guys mainly stick to weeknights and such

went last night and let me say i was busy. o k we get set up, within 5 minutes my 2 shark rods go down and the reels scream like i have not heard in a long time. i get to the first rod and my reel is quickly running out of line i tighten the drag with no slow down, so i tighten the drag all the way with still no response, so i thumb the spool. big mistake. burn thumb, then watched as the rest of my line headed for england. next rod did the same thing except i cut the line, go figure dolphin had spooled me twice. then my bait rod peels out its 150 yards of line before i could do the 100 yd dash to it. have know idea what did that besides a ray. so here i am with all the gear i brought needing complete respooling. needless to say i blew a gasket. finally get a line out only to have it double over 4 minutes later. landed a 5ft 5 spinner shark. throw back out and off it goes again, get the hook set then hand it off to my nephew. caught a healthy 5ft 4 sandbar. so he is 2 for 2 sharkin. by the end of the eve, i caught 3 shark and a butt load of kings. very fast paced night.

DSC03893.jpg.815b563a32418beb2f6a763ae63

DSC03888.jpg.91d9a5221c263014ab4dbc7363b

ok tonights report, slow till around midnight then i had a screamer i could not slow, snapped off, then kept getting small taps but no take downs finally i decided to take one of the small taps and set the hook with all i had, fish on. line screamed off the reel at an incredible rate. followed it 200 yards south then back, then 180 yards north. finally landed her, a 6ft 3 inch spinner.

DSC03911.jpg.fbd2735007f83c6396cd92292f5

DSC03916.jpg.91a030278bac7cbc5b67c4a3169

Very nice catch, Dave!

here's tonight's battle, 9ft 4 inches. kept at waters edge, with only 2 pics snapped. walked him back out to waist high depths and he swam away after 2 minutes of revival. remember i have been doing this for a few years now, DO NOT TRY this if you never handled large shark before.

DSC03927.jpg.5d5ef27019db49966a1fcc9134b

DSC03924.jpg.429a6349c0c23cd032169903383

holy crap dude! how long did it take you to fight him?

20 minutes. hit the bait like a blue fish, didnt become a fight until he neared the beach.

WOW !!!!

BIG dude, I wouldn't like to see it on my rig LOL:book1::hello:

Crazy! , Dave, was that yakkin out or casting?, just wondering because if that's casting, i won't bother bring the kayak down with me this coming week. The kayak is quite a pain bringing from PA!!!!

casting all baits, as for tonight my nephew caught a 56inch butterfly ray and i landed a 6ft 3 inch sand tiger which was previously tagged.

DSC03934.jpg.15c4b0cc293e3169f55a020e441

Nice job Dave. That 9+ footer is wild. I'll be down next week - if I am half as successful as you it will be a great week.

ok, last report for a while. sat night 10 45 pm landed a 5 ft sandbar, at 4 am sunday rod started tapping, i rear back and hand the rod to my nephew, 30 minutes later he landed his first sand tiger at 7 ft even. water was warmer than fri due to the east wind but current was strong due to the rip i was setup in. had to use 12 to hold.

DSC03943.jpg.4d0316db3620cddc87bd4b4598c

DSC03935.jpg.2ceebff970a5f6cae0e4fdd08ce

I need to set my time off of work with you man ...dam:icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray: