6 posts in this topic

I am going to fish the Harbor Tackle Red Drum Tournament this year. I was going to just walk over to the north entrance but Beverly told me that may or may not be in bounds this year. So I will have to wait and see. If walking over is a no go is anyone interested in hooking up with me ( I need a ride out on the sand)

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to walk over the line? Maybe they are thinking about having it south of the Bull Pen this year. ?

Keep me in mind on this I don't know how much time I will have around the time of the tornament but have been thinking of getting in on it, so as it gets closer to the tornament date get in touch with me and I would be glad to hook up with you.

Ok -for you guys that have some experience with red drum - what do you do differently to target them rather than stripers in the fall? From what I understand so far - they are even more elusive than stripers- sure would like to land one this fall, but if they are that rare - I may just not have enough time to put the odds in my favor. So the more I can prepare and learn before then the better....

Curious - do you do anything different when they are around? different rigs, bait, type of water, etc?

tnx

Never caught any kind of drum but hey. I am in. :up:

Sam,

Beverly said it's possible that the park service will want them to be south of the bullpen this year. But they will not know for awhile yet. As of now it is the same as in years past I believe.

I don't want to put any wrong information out on this so when it gets closer I will call Beverly and find out what the deal is.

Dave,

I will get in touch with you in late summer and see if your interested. Thanks! :)