4 posts in this topic

Top then outgoing tide, S-SW winds 5-10, cold upwelled dirty water first 500 yards, tons of menhaden.

All you want small croaker with the occasional small spot on BWFB, one sharpnose on eel, one bite off and one screaming run while I was tossing metal that came unbuttoned.

One of the loudest smoking runs I have ever had as weel, but just dropped it I guess, dang circle hooks! Ran for about 15 seconds full throttle before I got to it and too late! Stump heaver was bent more than I have ever seen it, was a nice fish whatever it was!

TOES IN THE SAND .................thats what counts in my book !

Sounds like a decent day of fishing to me !! The wife and I spent last Saturday (24th) a little further south in the refuge and I caught the same there. All the baby Croakers you wanted to keep for bait until a huge school of 6-10" Bunker swam by that I was lucky enough to snag a few with the metal rod that was ready and waiting of a sign of Spanish (that never came). No runs for me on the big rod but the crabs kept the bait disappearing every 15-20 min. so it was nice to have a steady supply of fresh bait !!

One of the loudest smoking runs I have ever had as weel, but just dropped it I guess, dang circle hooks! Ran for about 15 seconds full throttle before I got to it and too late! Stump heaver was bent more than I have ever seen it, was a nice fish whatever it was!

Ahhh... That initial feeling of OOOOH YEA!!! quickly tuning into OOOOOH NO!!! I feel your pain, my friend.