17 posts in this topic

Well the summer doldrums are here. The Spot are starting to show up in good numbers, as is the Kingfish. A variety of sharks are still being caught in the suds.

I hope everyone is having a happy and safe summer. Now go wet a line and take a kid fishing.

The sharkin is still ON. We have caught several Sand Tigers over 8 ft and several Sandbars over 6ft in Bethany. Tonight's 6ft 9 inch Sandbar had SPUNK. Nothing like 100 yard runs towards england! Using a big 20/0 circle hook has been catching them in the corner of the mouth almost every time. Get that hook nice and sharp to get through their tough skin- and remember to bring bolt cutters or a BIG de-hooker.

With this water soo warm, I am expecting to see a Tiger or Hammerhead soon. Just wishful thinking but I don't think I'm too far off base. We already know there are some Bulls in the area!

Get bent. Cya on the sand!

Ben

Spot were out of control this weekend on FISP, caught 30 between saturday and sunday, and 2 kingfish.

Back from visiting the Delaware area Monday-Thursday. Lots of fishing & catching!!

Best catching day was Monday, kind of overcast, doggies & kingfish kept me busy.

After seeing a small one caught next to me 4th of July weekend, I got to bag my first hammerhead puppy..... Actually two within an hour....

Had two big rays on, 1 each Wednesday & Thursday. Does it count as a catch if I had hold of the leader, & pulled the hook out? :icon_scratch:

Gonna have to borrow a shark rod to handle those things. My 11ft Tica & 35lb braid was put to the test and did not get either ray up to the beach... (kind of glad about that!) Cause then I gotta get them back in... Broke the hook off on the second one.....

Kingfish & Spot were banging fishbites bloodworms. Rays were on cut spot, sharks on cut bunker.

Well back home for the weekend to rest, and then we'll be back down next week.:glasses1:

5852a59617af2_July2010003.jpg.06889fb798

5852a5961e635_July2010020.jpg.0ce2ae8de7

5852a596230b3_July2010015.jpg.682d725cae

Went last weekend (17th) and didn't catch anything. People nearby where catching some small rays though, and I saw one small shark. I was fishing at lewes. Hopefully I have better luck next weekend.

went out to 3r's last night at the walk on, we had nine lines in the water between the 6 of us, we caught 2 sandbar sharks between 3-4 feet long, and i beached a bohemoth butterfly ray, i will try to get some pics up when i can...the ray was not what i was hoping for but summers far from over and there are plenty of sand tigers out there..north of 3r's i saw guys yakking baits out and after the sun went down i saw alot of headlamps going near the water i bet they had a monster on... will try again in a couple weeks

I did forget to mention that Destiny got 2 "Kitties" in the suds Saturday:happy8:

Fished Dewey with my soon to be brother-in-law over a family vacation from Saturday to Monday. Didn't catch a tremendous amount of fish, as it was Will's first time surf fishing, so between helping him, tending to the Old Lady being pretty on the beach, and just getting back into the surf rhythm, I think we did alright and had a great time. Sunday morning was our best day, totals out of 4 two hour sessions on the came to 1 spot, 1 croaker, and 6 kingfish (one of which in the 13" range), all of which on Fishbites Bloodworms (man the fish love those things!)... don't let an open mind tempt you to buy Fishbites other products; I bought a pack of the Fishbites Squid and while Will fished with bloodworms, I tried the squid. NOT EVEN A BUMP! So don't second guess yourself on the FB Bloodworms, they rock. One thing I did notice was that when the fishing was on, it was ON. Sunday morning proved to be like this; Will and I had four kings in an hour, with bites and let goes every 5 minutes. But then as quick as it came, they shut off. Lost one decent fish right at the breakers, more than likely a big dogfish or a ray. Sunday night I had bunker out, hoping to run into my first toothy critter, but to no avail. I'm headed back down (had to come home for class and work) on Thursday night, so Nillie Willie and I are gonna hit the beach 2-3 more times, will pos pictures (nothing to brag about, but hey, fishing's fishing to me). Hope all who were down this weekend didn't get poured on Sunday night, would love to hear some other people hittin' the surf bite!

Got a late start sunday at 2pm, blanked on anything. Positives were the wind shifted when we got on to a sea breeze, up until 430 when a wicked land breeze took over and the flies were too bad. Luckily i just got air'd up before that big storm hit

Nice job, everyone! Thanks for the reports.

back from Monday-Friday trip down.... Nothing really outstanding, CHSP Wed & Friday was full of little doggies... just a couple of small spot, & skates besides the doggies. Had fresh mullet cut & on mullet rig was hoping for my first bluefish of the year.

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday fished north of Indian River, lots of kingfish again, biggest ones were on a small piece of squid with the fishbites. Spot were off & on also on the fishbites. Of course had my share of skates. Most unusual catch of the week was a small sea robin......

Seemed the better fishing going into the low tide rather than the high tide.

:coffee2:

Well keep them lines tight, I'll be down in September to hopefully catch my first blue of the year!!

I'm going to try to post some pictures again!

05202010_002.jpg.20c67e7957a96151a38f727

05192010_004.jpg.c8b60783289854b8000aa42

05132010_006.jpg.e2072be102efe6b40e41b83

05132010_003.jpg.023af57da9115175ca974c3

05132010.jpg.dcd4cce7f3f297920ddf50dbe2b

Went fishing Saturday at lewes. Caught 3 small sharks, biggest being about 2 foot. I was just using squid. The only thing I saw anyone else catch up and down the beach was one small ray.