Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

17 posts in this topic

normal summer fish are being caught, reports of croaker are rolling in and of course the shark are going to be around a while. post reports fish or no fish, we would all love to hear them.

I fish last night ( all night ) Sandy Point State Park, the surf.

Croakers was ON, anyone who was working with "blood worm" will have a good night at least by my area. I was on squid and shrimp, only pull one ( big guy ) and miss couple of bites. But was a great night and a beutiful sunrise.

tonight general and i each caught butterfly rays his was 71 inches mine was 73, skeeters were bad with the west wind, might try tomorrow.

went out today and yesterday got a shark each day and nothing else been waiting all year to hook one...

IMG00391.jpg.b84a913100e6cabec3fec4ef46a

0718000811a.jpg.bb1c340d3c12cd4528ea1c1d

Went out last night with dave i had 1 run on my new rod got a little to excited and put the drag on to tight then..SNAP!! Ya line went limp.

This week end stunk

should be some biggun's out there... Hmmmm...

hope this west wind changes, it has really cooled down the near shore water temps.

I went out to AI last night and fished from a different location than I did a couple of weeks ago. I used the same rigs and techniques that helped catch some shark on the previous trip. No luck last night. Really was hoping to land a shark but walked away with mosquito bites! I guess that is fishing. How much does the change in wind and water temp affect the bite?

a west wind will muddy the water and cool the near shore waters, therefore making it harder for the shark or fish to find the bait. with an east wind the waves will be higher and more grass will be stirred up but water will usually be clean and produce a better bite.

gonna go out this eve, let y'all know how things went.

Went out last night with dave. I got 4 sk8 and 3 eel things never seen/heard of them being cought from the bech any one els get in to them thay wher colored like bunker with streips from top fin to bottom like a tiger. The lagest one was a bout 10inchs or so like i sead a month er,so ago a serange season is aponus

P.s. any one finding alot of rays........seems like sunday=rayday and in not talling about the sun

I finally made it out to do some beach shark fishing this week (thanks to Dave). I'm sorry to say this, but I believe my Jeep has seen it's last day on the sand... Long story.

Anyway, I had the pleasure of fishing with Dave and his wife Tonya, Andrew and his wife Lisa, his brother Mathew, and my nephew Tyler.

The water temps were not the best for sharkin but there was definitely PULLAGE! Mathew landed his first big ray from the surf. It was a was a very nice Smooth Butterfly and Mathew played it like a pro.

Andrew hooked into a monster ray tonight that made it clear it did not want anything to do with dry sand. With the current ripping south and a huge drop off at the first breaker it made things challenging. After over an hour he finally beached an enormous Roughtail Ray. I was impressed with both guys, cause landing either one of those critters is no easy task, especially in those conditions.

I hope to see some pics soon.

Dave, thanks again for hauling me out there!

any time buddy, just glad to see you out there again. great gettin to fish with ya again andrew and meeting your brother. our wives had agreat time together. so i have been out every night since sunday and tue night was the only productive sharkin night, managed to land 4 shark. 1 black tip 1 sharpnose and 2 dusky all in the 3 to 5 ft range. this west wind has really cooled down the water. but temps should be back up with this east wind over the next couple days. lookin forward to seeing you come the drum run andrew, hint, hint. goin back out monday, bringing out my nephew for his first sharkin adventure.

thanks again guys for everything! my little brother had a blast, my wife Lisa always enjoys the beach, and really enjoyed hanging out with your wife dave.

it was a tough week, i fished for 7 straight nights between ocean city 38th street and AI, put it well over 40 hours, cant' say we didn't give it a try. we did get two big rays though. hope to get back up in a few weeks, keep those reports coming!

here are some pics:

IMG_0927.jpg.912396ef272a527347fcc276433

IMG_0782.jpg.6228e5ed8dddefd863bd9c41e34

IMG_0783.jpg.9333959eb6ffd110eefb10e4d50

IMG_0789.jpg.50c7c9c7d7fb535267d432b5049

IMG_0792.jpg.337e622bd7b54902951d7f01a24

IMG_0938.jpg.11fa6ced07f321cce3aa292789e

IMG_0940.jpg.81cb02e36f559ff26ee16dad4de

Went on my annual vacation to OC this past week. Went out one evening with some casting gear, but only thing caught was a kingfish by my brother. Later on in the week a few baits were yakked out, no luck. Next day we yakked baits again and pulled in a nice 6'2" sand tiger. It was our first successful shark catch and release, so we were very excited. No luck after that tho.

DSC_0461.jpg.e3db29473bf20cdaf9290cbb7fe

I'm relatively new to shore fishing. I'm absolutely loving it. On reading all the messages, it looks like rays are being caught on a regular basis. I'd love to pull a ray in. What bait are y'all using?

fresh caught bait in the surf, spot, roundhead, or fresh bunker purchased at your favorite tackle shop. i like Harbor Tackle