11 posts in this topic

I was BSing with Lynn over at Delmarva the other day and he showed me some pics from years past where they set up an office chair with a rod holder to the hitch of a truck. I was wondering if anyone had a welder, that I could borrow to put together a fighting chair. I don't see why I cant pick up a chair at Ake or West Marine and then mount it to some steel and hook it to the reciever on my truck...... anybody have any sugesstions?

EXACTLY like that... somewhere between the office chair and the $4000 teak fighting chair. Just weld a bracket onto a 2x2 square tube with holes to match your Reese hitch and BAM instant fighting chair for the beach. Couple of hours and a 12 pack tops. :pirate:

Ok - I'll look for you to have that at the sharkin get together on 7/28!

That would be AWESOME to see. Only thing is.... When fighting a large shark, you really need to follow it up and down the beach. In a boat, you can usually position yourself near the critter if he starts heading away. Maybe I just haven't caught anything big enough yet, but I've fought a 6'7" Sandbar shark for over an hour and he gave me a workout all over that beach. If you have 600 yards of line and that shark ends up 300 yards south of you and you are in that chair... Well, I guess you could get up.

It would still be cool to see one. :-)

I am going to work on the design for a bit..... check out some chairs and see what I can come up with the actuall building shouldn't be too hard, I just can't see spending a couple of grand on a real fighting chair. sometimes I wonder what goes on in my own head sometimes..... :lol:

as far as up and down the beach..... just have somebody driving the truck :captain:

I have a 110v Lincoln Arc with the Mig Conversion, however its in Manassas so you'd have to come out here to use it. Just let me know and we can set up a time to get you welding.

I bet a old barber chair bolted to the back of a pickup would make a great fighing chair for sharks. Of course you would need some one to drive down the beach as you fought the shark down the tide. A friend of mine had a barber chair in his living room. Hmmmmmm I wonder if he is still using it.

They make foldable fighting chairs, I have one in my cuddy. I don't think they're too expensive. Then again, I bought mine 15 years ago...

I bet a old barber chair bolted to the back of a pickup would make a great fighting chair for sharks.

man those things are heavy but they do swivel, would be fun 8)

I've been loking into it more.... not really that difficult. Just have to find the right chair. Now I want to do it just for the hell of it even if it isn't going to be much help..... it would be a riot.