10 posts in this topic

First off, great site here guys. Andrew K recommended that I check this place out. There is a wealth of information here that I am just trying to soak up. I will be heading our is several buddies to AI this weekend to try and hook some sharks, or anything else that bites. Is anyone heading up there this weekend, we would appreciate any tips on how to handle these guys. Also any tips you may have regarding rigs and baits would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help, hopefully come monday we will be posting some pics.

welcome to the board, glad i could get you over here. use the search feature and search for shark fishing, you'll get lots of older posts that have lots of good info on it.

Thanks, that is what I have been doing all morning. Don't tell my boss.

I will be out on AI a lot this weekend. Stop by! I have a white ford F250 with a big alpenlite camper on it.

You want to beach your first shark with someone who knows how to handle one. They are bigger and badder than a blue! First time I got one to the beach I was with a guy who showed me how to hold the shark without getting hurt or hurting it, in order to remove the hook. If you get scetched out, cut the leader the hook will disolve, and get it back into the water. Better to do that than get cut or hurt the fish. Enjoy, they are a rush.

I just want to report on my first time. We were able to land two sharks a large one and a small one. We also were able to release them just fine, and no one (or shark) got hurt. After some time, some other fish starting eating our bait. Any idea what it could be? Next time I go I will definitely throw different rigs out there to try and catch more fish other than the sharks we caught. Also we stopped by Anglers on our way out there and picked up some bait, "LY" (sp?) is what they recommended. Next time I plan on using a variety of baits, any other suggestions? Thanks for all the help, this forum has been highly informative.

"LY"= bunker, menhaden, alewife.:happy8: What was probably getting ur bait was the crabs.:icon_scratch:

Here is a picture. Again, I can't say enough about this forum and the things I have learned here in such a short span of time. Thanks a million!!

sand-tiger-shark.jpg.e4cf6d71c19e39bc71e

nice big sand tiger. congrats matt. bunker is all you need to use. Harbor Tackle is where i get mine, and they are close.

Congrats on that slob!