16 posts in this topic

:D well the striper migration is just about all over with except for a few stragglers still being caught,,,the summer seaon is under way with some sharks and kingfish being caught.

:D get your feet in the sand, go fish and have fun!

Looks like thats right about the strippers hit AI for about 5 hours today not much to say just 2 snapper blues and one big Butterfly ray. Other then that just one nice day on the beach.

It's been a while since I have been able to get out,,,went out today at AI,,,got there around 8am,,,nice small swell rolling in and did a little surfing in early am with my son and ended up blowing my back out,,,with the back out, I decided to yak some baits out anyway,,,6 trips out total, 2 baits each trip,,,out of the 6 trips, had to 2 runs,,,1 good one and one so so,,,hooked neither, I know one was a shark, nice bite mark just before the hook, not sure on the other,,,beautiful day on the beach,,,did see a very nice cobia caught just to the south of me.

Fished Last night from 5-midnight with Igormothra and his friend, Laura. Had a nice swell rolling in and it was low tide, so yakking out baits was a challenge. Oliver (Igormothra) took the the yak like a duck. I don't even think he got his shorts wet! :v: I did manage one small sandbar and we both caught kingfish. Oliver caught a NICE king around 10pm. Very nice night with a fire to help with the bugs. Oliver is ready for some serious fishing for the next 6 months. Very nice equipment. :v:

TODAY:

My Family and I waited in in line for about 2 hours before getting on the beach. Met Coop as he was packing it up and took his spot. We really did more sitting around and talking than fishing. I took the yak out twice with some nice bunker (Thanks Coop), but no hits. Nice day on the beach.

6_17_06_007_1_178.jpg.e8684627c9eb555ac8

Sounds like ya all had some nice time on the beach sorry to here that the pullage was not there, then again it's not all about fishing just good company and a good times.. :up:

I love the yak.... dont forget the blue we caught Sam. I say we because it was on your cast that I reeled it in. Yesterday went flounder fishing by the airport :) thanks for the line report sam, after the week I have had I would have lost my mind. I caught one nice keeper and a starfish, Laura caught 2 keepers and a conch.

06_17_06_1956_805.jpg.043acb63de623015c5

Yeah, it was pretty hectic on the sand. I did get some sun, but that is about it. Good job on the flounder. :v:

Fished all night on friday with 2 small sand bars and 2 fairly decent blues 5/6#ranges, then was back at it on Sat by 11 am had to wait about 45 min to get on but what a great day to be on the beach. No fish but did land one Bullnose rays and one busted me off in the surf. what a great fight they were. I sure will be glad when those lovely little nesting birds get the :censored: of the beash

How far down on the MD side of AI is the beach closed. Is it still just north of the state line or have they recently moved it way up like last year?

Thanks

Thanks Dave. I would love to have one of those on the line. I guess it gives us more hope for the summer time doldrums? :-)

Dave, planning on heading to the beach tuesday or wednesday,,,I'll find out for ya.

Tell you what. The only big one I ever caught was the hardest thing I ever had to beach. Once that sand hits them they go nuts. I was by myself and it took me half up to Avon from R38. Finally someone drove by and gave me a hand. If your are going to eat it then a gaf is only way to go. Must have been cool just to witness that catch.

What did The cobia have in its belly.

I saw a picture of a Florida cought cobia that had a half dozen full grown whole blue crabs and two handfulls of shrimp in it belly along with a bunch of pinfish.

I'm going to try to get in touch with the guy who caught it and get him to give us some more details. :mrgreen: