Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

Fishing Reports for July 1 Thru 15

20 posts in this topic

well summer fishin has started early this year with the shark arriving a few weeks early. spot and kings in the surf and a few striper in the inlet. feel free to post if you go out catch or no catch and have a safe and happy 4th of july.

Fished AI out front last Tuesday and Wednesday early AM and out back on Thursday AM. Tuesday morning hit the beach at dawn and low tide. Kingfish were everywhere in the surf and I was hitting them on the head with each cast for the first hour. Pulled in one or two with almost every cast, missed as many as I caught and kept several larger ones for dinner. Bite then slowed down with only one good keeper for the rest of the morning plus a couple skates thrown in for good measure. All were taken on FBBW and squid strips. Had a couple bunker and spot chunked for sharks but no takers. Wednesday AM had a good stiff onshore breeze out of the NE. Caught several short flounder, 1 keeper King and a smooth doggie. Thursday fished out back and got skunked - a really strong wind started in at 8 AM plus tons of grass certainly killed any hope of a bite so packed it in. Overall a great few days with beautiful weather and quite a few nice fish. :happy3:

fished ai last nite, 2 skate, several pickups on bunker heads, but no hookups. put one rod out with chunks, either blue fish or small sharks by the bite marks. crabs were not bad after dark, east wind, no bugs. planning on going monday nite. john

i might just join ya monday, oneshot.

Trying to get out to AI to night hoap me and the guys can get on the surf i need a hook up with a shark you might say :cussing:i got "shark fever"

fished ai sat night 3 sharks 4.5 to 5.5 feet range 1 flounder 16in 1 skate nice trip

So I just got a text message of a 9ft bull shark that was caught on July 1st off of assateague. Can anyone confirm this to be true or not true? Also, I will be sharkin this weekend so feel free to stop by if you see me ( white dodge w/Jayco camper).

Not True.

The bull shark was caught in DE. There is a report with pictures on this site in the DE forums.

believe it was bethany beach, could be wrong though.

Fished with Andrew K this weekend. Him and his buddies were casting baits and my buddies and I were yakin baits. Ill let him fill in his report but my buddies and I managed 12 fish Sat and Sun with the biggest a studly sandbar. We caught duskies, sandbars, and one sand tiger.

clear.gif

clear.gif

that is simply awsome...!!!!:icon_pray::icon_pray:

Katman, have to say that was one hell of a shark! thanks for letting us fish next to you.

me and my crew ended up with 1 cow nose, 1 clear nose, 1 round head, two 4 ft atlantic sharpnose, one 5ft sand tiger. ive got pictures ill post later, been having computer issues at home. Also have some video of a few of Katman's sharks and my sharks. ill get those posted soon.

IMG_0803.jpg.dce2401f06636d9b0fdf8341376

IMG_0804.jpg.ae795639386b31c7c53dde6682c

IMG_0806.jpg.58452a8f167ba5a915fa9546471

Katman, Quint would be proud.:icon_pirat:

sunday eve caught 4 shark, 2 sandbar, 2 blacktip 3 to 5 ft range, all tagged and released. plan on goin this eve if anyone wants to join p.m. me or look for a black 96 explorer with a yakima rack hitch haul and amsa plates.

nice dave, you are the shark slayer! can't wait to get back up there!!! 11 days and counting! woot woot.

nice dave, you are the shark slayer! can't wait to get back up there!!! 11 days and counting! woot woot.

lookin fwd to it bro.

just got back, using my secret bait for shark managed a 6ft 10 inch sand tiger, water was rough current was pulling north and grass was horrible. this by far was harder to land than my 8 fter 2 weeks back due to the 6 to 7 ft breakers at peak high tide. also a few pics from sunday although they were a lot smaller.

DSC03854.jpg.a34ee0b30ce34e6cb542d00979c

DSC03853.jpg.6fc5490bc437b0e54c2eadd7016

DSC03852.jpg.adf0139f358789c43db8c7afdc3

DSC03850.jpg.2566572eea0d19d3a54c8b15460

DSC03848.jpg.9d7eeb00ff2af7bafcb1f937bb3

dave you need to save some for me when i come up there!

Fished with Andrew K this weekend. Him and his buddies were casting baits and my buddies and I were yakin baits. Ill let him fill in his report but my buddies and I managed 12 fish Sat and Sun with the biggest a studly sandbar. We caught duskies, sandbars, and one sand tiger.

clear.gif

clear.gif

That is a BEAST! Nice hookset too.

Great fishing,thanks a lot for posting the photos so we all can enjoy.