15 posts in this topic

Fished Friday and Saturday, skate, 1 kingfish, an hour battle with a ray... (my there were a lot of rays this weekend. I must have seen 50 large rays just crusin the surfline...). We also had one hook up that screamed the drag straight out, played with us for an hour and a half, .. then took off straight out again. Just before spooling me - I had about 20 yards left on the reel, the line broke. I think it broke on the outer bar as I was about to get a couple hundred yards back in with the line. Possible it dove deeper and the line was rubbin in the bar out there.

fished ai friday night dusk till down without a bite

met oneshot308 for a little sharkin tonight, real bad storms early on, kept raining off and on. one shot left around 11 and said take a pic of ur catch after i leave just joking around of course. well not 15 minutes after he left my far rod starts tapping, takes off and it was fish on. at one point thought he was gonna spool me, he took a good 325 of my 350 yards of 17 lb test straight over the bar. hour later landed him. 8 ft sand tiger, measured, tagged and released.

DSC03843.jpg.af066afd260c87af4fb3aa18cbe

DSC03840.jpg.6811b7fc452264e1acce81ffebb

Wow Dave, his teeth are wicked scary.

Your almost spooling is exactly what happened to my Saturday night, about 325 of my 17lb test staight out,

only I had incredibly different results.:BangHead: Nice Shark, its those that keep me out of night yaks.

Nice Dave!...Ive been catching those things during the day...It seems they are usually a nighttime shark. Sure draws the crowds to ya. Lotta sharks out there now.

that was my next question. i plan on comming up this weekend (saturday) i know AI will be a zoo, but im gonna get there early. hope to put a few friends on some decent sharks.

goin out this eve.

Ya dave last night was insane awsome shark geerrrrate catch and the wather OMG that was sooo awsome loved every lightning filled moment............ ya lightning!:icon_pirat:

i know this weekend is going to be a zoo, but anyone planning on fishing saturday day/evening?

Andrew Ill be out there all weekend if we dont end up offshore. We yaked baits last weekend and had nonstop action. Look for a newer silver tacoma with cap and brush guard. Feel free to stop by for a beer.

katman how far down are you going? i dont like to venture too far since i had issues with the 4WD last time. im bringing up some Army boys who just got into surf fishing, hoping to get them there first big sharks. ill be driving my green jeep wrangler and will be there early.

Those of you planning on fishing this weekend, keep in mind the bird closure (which I think will nearly cut in half the number of vehicles allowed). I do not know exactly where the closure begins, but I think they have a rule that equates to something like 12 vehicles per mile, so how ever many miles of closure times 12 is how many vacationers will be disappointed this weekend.

My point... make sure you have a back up plan!

Im not sure how far we will go.. I like to go further south to try and avoid the tourist but with the yak ive found it doesnt really matter where you fish just as long as you get your baits past the bar. We will either be out on my cousins boat tuna fishing saturday morning or we will be on the beach by 7-730 at the latest.

clear.gif

Caught this guy as well as about 20 others in 2 days last weekend.

nice one Katman!! went out last night and guy just south of me had his lights shining on the ocean practically the whole time...not sure what he was doing.