2 posts in this topic

I have a few questions about the type of rod, reel, and line weight for when you are casting a guidline out off a pier that you put live fishbait on. Is #50 line ok? I was also wondering if I shold use a heavy weight spinning reel with a 13 footrod? What weight is the anchor? I knw the anchor has four hooks on it. Where can they be purchased or is it easier to make them.

are you talking about Pin Fishing off the end of the pier? What pier are you looking to fish from? Some won't allow pin rigging at the T. If that is what you are talking about. You want at least a 20-40lb class rod with a GOOD reel on it. This will be your fighting rod. 50lb line is ok, avoid braid, people on piers HATE braid. Your anchor rod. well that is personal preference. It's whatever you can cast the distance you need. The anchors are typically home a home made weight. Take a piece of copper pipe, 1/2-3/4" diameter, about 6" long. Melt down the lead, use a heavy gauge copper wire and place it in the tube in order to create the legs of the anchor and a u shaped piece at the other end to make the eye. hook it up and cast it out.