18 posts in this topic

Well it's that time of year again:happy3::icon_viking::icon_tongue:!!!! The laptop will be packed up for the trip eathier Wednesday or Thursday so thought since i'm bored now thought I should make this now. So... This will be just a report of what I catch and were i catch the fish. Every time i come back from fishing there should be a report up fish or no fish. I will be fishing at least 3 times a day. First the inlet till bout 8 the surf till lifegaurds come and kick me off then when maybe when life gaurds leave (if the family doesn't want me to go somewere):icon_rambo: Then at night probably from the surf but I also want to try the Rt. 50 Bridge once or twice this year at night. So thats the deal.

4 Days!!!!!!!

Maybe see some of you guys down there... Im the little 15 year old with 3 rods... 1 is bright blue you can't miss me. And at the IRI i will be fishing near a really tall guy so dont hesitate to say hi if you feel like it!!!:happy3:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU,IF YOU CATCH ANYTHING OF SIZE ON THE BRIDGE,YOU WILL NEED SOME SPECIAL EQUIPMENT TO LAND IT.PROBABLY SOME FRIENDLY BRIDGE FISHERMAN WILL LEND A HAND IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT.THANK'S FOR YOUR REPORTS IN ADVANCE.:hello:

Yup thanks for the heads up... acctually it didn't even cross my mind how i am getting a fish up so thanks for reminding me!!

leaving saturday morning at 430 for the 4 hour drive to beat the traffic. LAst year we left at 4 and that was horrible. I dont know how 430 will be.:icon_scratch::angry3:

Good Luck man! Where will you be surf fishing primarily? (Delaware, North OC, South OC, Assateague?)

noth oc... yesterday night fished with no luck but guy next to me caught a 30 inch striper. This morning 1 kingfish bout 10 inches and what must have been a skate. it wouldnt move. big crowd watching... tonight going fishing for sharks go out probobly bout 630 to catch blues and kings for bait then fish till midnight and hopefully catch my first shark.:happy2:

That's awesome man. I hope you get something! Those sharks are crazy when you hook up! I also fish from North OC, but I usually go down for vacation in late July or August.

alright just got back from fishing... NOTHING!!!! Please help me. i want to catch a shark so bad...:angry8: im using bunker and casting as far out a possible... 2 days until my b day and i would like to catch one for my b day. but 2maro i will be out at 530 in the morn and fish for bout 3 hours.

Thanks.

just got back surf was rough up here wind was very strong. 2 bites... no fish i dont think i will fish tonight tomarow is my bday and we are going on a bay charter boat called the bay bee i think???? Ill have another report tomarow.:happy5:

got back from the bay bee boat caught 45 throughbacks no keepers i caught 1 but my bro one the pool and $57 b/c he caught the biggest fish... made my first sharrk rig definetly fishing tonight for sharks got new bait if anyone is fishing north oc i will be at the plaza... water looks calm its so calm that the lifegaurds let people take tubes out past the waves.... hope it stays like this all night!!!:fucyc: fish the surf 2maro and the inlet eather thursday or friday uncle went to oc inlet today and caught nothing... iri is were its at for inlet fishing hopefully some pics tonight...:happy6:

WOW!!!!! Shark fishing is fun:happy10:!!!!! I didn't land any but one took me for a spin:icon_syda: took out about 50 yards of line and i turned him around and he spit the hook got the rig back tho:glasses13:. I went through 3 bunker in 2 1/2 hours. I think they were sand bar sharks not sand tigers because i had a big 10/0 hook and a big peice of bunke and there would be teeth marks in it and a big slit were the hook was pulled. :evil3: Im goin out tomarow morning and hope to catch so kingfish and maybe a blue and use it as bait tomarow night....:blob8:.... I cant wait to land one though. 915- 10 o'clock every cast there was a bite. Then on the last peice of bait i had i snapped my homeade rig on the cast:angry5: But i love to make the shark rigs:happy9: the fish love to tangle my rig though!!!:cya::evil3:. But fun and i cant wait for tomarow!!! One nice guy came and watched with his kids and they wanted to watch me land one... the kids loved though when the shark ran.... The bout 9pm another gentleman came and gave me some pointers so stop by and say high!!!:coffee2:

P.S.- Thurday morning i will fish IRI so if anyone see's me please stop and say high and give me some pointers if im doing anything wrong Thanks!! Zach

That's awesome man. Now you have some experience. Bring one in tonight and get some pics up.

well definetly good day if you were a Panfisherman because they were there caught 3 spot 1 kingfish and a 15 inch flounder. And if you can say a dogfish is a shark then i caught one but if not i will be out late tomarow fishing and early friday and that will be it.:icon_salut: Sorry no pics nothing really special.:bunny: We would have stayed out later but im getting up at 4 tomarow to fish iri im almost positive we would have got into some sharks but ill be up in 5 hours.

well im going out tonight for my bro's birthday then will be back. Caught 1 blue today from iri and will use it tonight im so dissapointed that i didnt catch a real shark yet :angry2:. But im more dissapointed that the trip is almost over ill fish tonight and tomarow morining and that is it...:cwm10: i hope i catch one shark im so bummed i didnt catch one yet that i dont even want to go down but ill but on the gear and make my way to the beach for 2 more times. :@: It has been an ok trip so far on the fishing front but definetly a 10 for just the trip in general. Cant wait till i go to college down here for marine biology and then move down here and fish with you guys .

Zach, go out on the beach at night with a 12/0 circle hook and steel leader.

Take a whole Bunker and hook it through the back just behind the dorsal fin.

Toss it about 50 feet out and wait for a big toothy critter.

They come in close at night.

Take a look through last years posts, you can find lots of info and pics there.

thanks steve... well just got back from Ocean City and man does time fly down there.... average week of fishing with 10 fish missed about 10 though so should of had 20:angry8:. Sadly i didnt catch my shark but i got alot of info from you guys this year and had a great time meeting some people on the beach last night from the surf the poor guy next to us hooked into a huge striper and he got it up into the suds and this thing was 25+ lbs and 40+ inches and his leader broke and it got away. I felt bad for him. But anyway you guys have been a huge help this is a great site with great people on it i have alot more questions so you will here me for a long time still!!!:icon_rabbit:.But you guys gave me great tips before i found this site last year i caught 1 skate last year. This year i caught 10 fish. Hopefully next year ill be ready with all the tackle and everything to catch my shark... i quess i just have to dream about it for another year. Im planning a striper trip to eathier oc or the jersey coast in october :happy2: so maybe see you guys again but thanks to all the people who said hi... it made my trip alot more enjoyable. Because catching no fish at 1130 with nobody around can get pretty boring.:evil6:. Steve do you use that setup on a fish finder type rig? I would have made alot of youtube vids down there but i got a new camera and it wouldnt charge so that dissapointed me. But my youtube channel is surffishing275. There is some saltwater but there is alot of freshwater stuff.