Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coop

Fishing Reports for May 16 - 13

13 posts in this topic

The fishing continues to be very good on the beachfront. Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Fished ai saturday and sunday tru the tides, fed the crabs every 5 minutes, menhaden and sand fleas, never had a nibble. Fished the bar south of the bull pen. John

hope the spring fling doesn't get rained out, or is this a rain or shine event ?

i herd in a fishing report from sue foster last week starting about thursday the north oc beach and delaware beaches were infested with huge stripers huge dogfish 3 foot sand sharks and chomper blues. hope the water temp stays like this for a while!!!! I am so happy:icon_thumright: only 39 days till i come down. Hope the water temp stays below 66 degrees until june 26. Not Likley tough!!:disgust:

from ai today, nadda, used peelers, fleas, and bunker. last wens i did land the seasons first sandbar shark, 27 inches. prolly try again wens, fri and sat.

Fished AI Fri-Sun. Half dozen skate, 1 lil doggie and 1 car hood sized ray that I thought was a big striped 1 on the initial run.

Those big old rays will fool ya!

fed the crabs every 5 minutes

Any " tips " how can I keep this boys - Girls away from eaten my bait ... ?

Last year was the same problem for Me and they never get full. :hello:

You can use floats to try and keep your bait off the bottom.

Try using a 3" float or bulb floater, keep checking bait often. :icon_scratch:

Just a heads up. Whe the crabs are bad and starting to die off, pay attention to your rods. They go in hiding for a reason. There has been alot of this going on this year.

cameradisc5078-1.jpg

Found a good bit of'em in the bellies of the flounder we caught last week at Wachapreague

1 car hood sized ray that I thought was a big striped 1 on the initial run.

Got me too! Wasn't quite the size of a car hood, but it snapped a fifty lb leader when trying to flip the thing over. I thought I had the one! Boy was I disappointed. What is cool is even on a baron beach at 9 o'clock pm, you turn around once that thing hits the shore and there's ten people standing around; superstar!

My report: I fished most morning and evening high tides from Sunday to Tuesday around 120th St. I landed a few blues, whiting, and that foolish ray that tried to drag my pole into the water while I was casting my other line. Good time, but didn't get my rock. I need to go back, and soon. Take care all.

ray.jpg.9b4e2091d6b3a5bb54603694345f3e85

blue.jpg.b1bccf84ae012a00b21286dd1d225cd