5 posts in this topic

Planer boards allow this boat to troll as many rods as he has holes to put them in,count them.

5852a5939116c_azaleas003.jpg.5341e05d4e8

We regularly troll 17 off my buddy's 27' Judge. We'd run more except we run out of rod holders. * Word of Caution * Please do not try this at home without an experienced crew on board. When we run them, it typically takes 30-60 min to get all the lines run properly (depending on water conditions). Turns are very difficult, and the minute the water picks up it creates a huge challenge. We typically don't tangle, however it does happen. In the picture below you can see 13 Rods ready to go, there are more either in the Rocket launchers or down in the cabin...

5852a59395f00_Rodsreadtodeploy.jpg.a45d4

Yeah look's like it is quite a job ,noticed how slow and careful the turns are made.i am only trolling 6 on my 22 grady white seafarer.

It seems that one fish could really make a mess of things.

I'm not familiar with trolling that many rods. How often does someone lose a considerable amount of tackle because of crossed lines and/or multiple hookups?

The only time we've ever lost rigs is break-offs while fighting, or tangled up in crab pots. Don't get me wrong, we've spent plenty of time cutting and untangling and retying. But to actually lose stuff from a tangle is rare.