6 posts in this topic

I am using 4" x 10' pvc to carry my rods on top of my truck,,,I would like to try to make the rod carrier look good and would like to paint the pvc to a similar color as my truck,,,I am not sure if I can even get paint to adhere to pvc,,,I know I have to rough the pvc but what type of paint would adhere to the plastic...any painters have any recomendations?,,,I guess I just could leave it white if the paint wont adhere,,,thanks, Scott.

Krylon makes a paint called fusion that I have heard works. I have never used the stuff. Fusion is made to bond with plastic. Hope this helps.

I,ve used regular Krylon with good results,sand it lightly with 120 grit,then wipe it clean with paint prep to clean and degrease. Good luck :D

I have used the Krylon Fuzion with great results. Only major problem is the color selection is limited. otherwise just use sandpaper as mentioned above and start off with primer.

You could also hit it with primer (after cleaning & sanding) them paint it any color you want. Be sure not to use bargain basement paints, get a decent exterior one.

Well, I painted the pvc and think I made the mistake of not sanding the surface, so the paint is chipping slightly,,,going to throw another coat of paint on it,,,it looks good and will post a pic tomorrow of the finished product,,,matches my truck color and devised a pretty cool way of mounting it on my rack,,,used a couple bushings that I found at work that are used on our golf carts and a 2 bolts,,,can't see the mount and it looks like the pvc is just sitting on top of the rack,,,no straps,,,thanks for all the input on the painting :up: .