28 posts in this topic

Fishing has been very good for both stripers and black drum...Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

fish thoughout the week end and manage to get this 46 1/2 inch on a bunker head

2010-05-01_07_28_25.jpg.3a59f7f4d9398d1f

Ran down and fished AI from early saturday morning all day and back out in the am sunday 5/1 and 5/2 all we caught were 5 skates. This seems to be a common thing, ran to Hatteras 2 weekends ago and caught the same.....skates. Maybe one day it will be me with a picture of a big one!

good to see the crew on Friday, pulled back untouched peeler, live eels, and bunker for 12 hours on 5 rods in a good spot with nice conditions...thats fishing. I seriously may have lost 2 baits all day fishing in the desert...oh well it was a great day for the soul.

today , strong s winds , held with 8 muddy water, only skate were had.

i was waiting on sam to make a report, but havn't seen it yet, maybe hes still sleeping....some people had to get up for work today :eusa_dance:

me and matt (aka bulldawg) left my house at 4pm on saturday and hit the road north. after a great 2.5 hour drive we met sam and loaded all of our stuff into his truck. hit the beach around 730pm and headed south. high tide so hard to see the structure, found a spot that looked good and set up shop. wind was blowing 10-15 out of the S/W, S, and S/E all night long. water was muddy and 8 held most of the night. all we caught were skates, about 20 of them, maybe even 25. we fished till sunrise.....then fished some more. the wind seemed to pick up a little sunday after lunch, i upgraded to 10oz and that held with no problem.... bait was fresh bunker and sand fleas........................you can't say that we didn't try. we ended up leaving the beach about 4ish....i think.

we had a great time, saw two caught, one sat night as we were heading down the beach, and one sunday around lunch about 200 yards south of us. that was it, lots and lots of skates.

Thanks again sam for giving us a ride. Ill be back up with the wifey in another few weeks....and i cant wait!

ZZZZZZZZZZ..... Yawn.... :)

Had a great time fishing with Andrew and Matt. I don't ever remember fishing with anyone who went the distance and fished as hard as these two guys!

Matt threw everything in the book in an attempt to snag something, but alas... No fish.

Can't wait to do it again!

went out today, water was calm, wind light. around 5pm rod screams, then again, after 10 minutes again rod starts peeling out line. ended up with 5 over 40 inches, 2 at 44 and 46. smooth doggies that is. lol. one big roughtail ray. all this action and each one initially had me thinking striper. oh well , pullage is pullage.

wow, early for smoothies and a roughtail...must have been some warm water out there. I got 60* on Friday

went out again this eve with sam and general , more big smooth doggies , skate and had one good knock down which got wrapped up in my other line and came back with no bite marks on the bait. needless to say i was a little tweeked.

Jeep is getting fixed so I'm out for a week or so. Good fishing with Dave and Jon last night. Huge doggies mixed with a few skate.

Here is Jon with his doggie. :)

jon-dogfish.jpg.052805b13aa41819f9ef613d

Nice to meet LuckyOC (Marcus) at the pumps!

Sam I told you that noise was bad coming from your truck... :icon_tongue:

Fished mid O.C. for about 4 hours this evening, nothing but skates and a few spider crabs.

John

Heading out Sunday with Oma, Sandi (fiance), and her mom for a mini mother's day fling. Anyone else sneaking in a fishing trip by bringing mom?

Heading out Sunday with Oma, Sandi (fiance), and her mom for a mini mother's day fling. Anyone else sneaking in a fishing trip by bringing mom?

Now that sounds like a good mothers day. Good luck to the moms and Oliver, please stay on skate patrol for them. :happy7:

Fished ai friday, caught 2 black drum in the 25-30 lb class, had 1 other take, with no hookup, saw several stripers beached on the incoming tide. Crabs were terrible on slack tide.

Now that sounds like a good mothers day. Good luck to the moms and Oliver, please stay on skate patrol for them. :happy7:

I Just want to catch a fish. I also hope its not blowing too hard.

Fished ai friday, caught 2 black drum in the 25-30 lb class, had 1 other take, with no hookup, saw several stripers beached on the incoming tide. Crabs were terrible on slack tide.

Nice Job on the blacks! Thanks for the report.

WTG everyone.

Sam, I love that Avatar. Enjoy them while they are little:blob1:

WTG everyone.

Sam, I love that Avatar. Enjoy them while they are little:blob1:

Thanks buddy. Yeah, now that he is out of the "baby" stage, it seems like he is growing up too fast. He is learning something new everyday...

Here is my daughter, Samantha last summer holding her first flounder. She is really trying to be brave.. :)

Samantha-flounder.jpg.95fe917b2f76167e9d

Great picture Sam,

I'm working with my daughters (I have two ) in the fishing area, they love the sand and water but ... fishing is in progress.

Hit the beach in mid O.C. yesterday for about 11 hours. Started out catching smooth doggies in the 3.5-4 foot range then we started catching skates then back to the smoothies, too many that we lost count. then we started on small rays, and finished with one 3 foot sand tiger. Mostly everything caught on the outgoing and slack low tide. No striped ones but a fun day.

Same spot today for about 9 hours, one hit all day, a 28.5" rockfish, also caught on the outgoing. Rockfish tacos and margaritas for dinner. Birds were working hard both days for about 2-3hours each day about 500 yards out. A Flyers victory last night and this is a damn good weekend.

John

P5150290.jpg.d7518e88c1bdc6e38e557b96196

Rockfish tacos!! MMMM...